Betalight float

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
NiceRoach
Eel

Re: Betalight float

Post by NiceRoach »

olly

" I have 3 isotopes from the 70's still going! "

Unlike the cat :tea:
niceroach

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Just a heads-up, I just had a lunch time walk to the local Lidl's and they have boxes of small glow sticks on sale (as well as some other fishing equipment)
They are in boxes of 36, 3 different colours, 4mm diameter x 39mm long for the princely sum of £3.99
I cracked one open in the office and they do seem to emit a decent glow.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Nights spent staring at an isotope or luminous float - beware of the downside

Mind you Sean, your barn owl encounter would pop them back into place :Hahaha:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

I've spent many a night using betalight floats but after a couple of hours it becomes a struggle. I start to see multiple float tips and have many instances of "Was that a bite?" I think my best catch was 150lbs of bream from a Shannon backwater at Clonfert. I remember using them for crucians at a small gravel pit and waiting ages for a strikeable bite. That was hard work and by the morning I looked like the chap in the photo.
Nowadays I use the chemical light sticks that can be bought from an online auction site for not much money at all. I think they're made in China. These are really bright and are still glowing 2 or 3 days later. I've probably reduced my life expectancy by using them but they are very effective! A couple of years ago I was using them on the River Wensum laying on for chub and roach.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”