12 foot Featherlite

The Milwards Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

12 foot Featherlite

Post by AshbyCut »

Ok ... so Mrs. AC has taken to clutching her head in her hands and muttering "He's not a collector ... he's a very naughty boy !!!"

Thinking it might be nice to have the set ... I placed a 'best offer' on this 12 foot 'for restoration' model to go with my 10ft 6in and 14 ft versions ... and was pleasantly surprised when it was accepted.

Better pictures to follow when it arrives ...

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Robbi
Tench

Re: 12 foot Featherlite

Post by Robbi »

good grief man !

looks like it could be a nice catch you have there :)

please pass on my sympathys to Mrs AC.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

:Hat: hi ac your even further down that slope than i thought now you have the set what are you going to tell mrs ac on the next one you buy perhaps we could start a help group like split cane anonymous. as i said before just enjoy them :Thumb:
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

It might be time for an 'intervention'.

:Wink:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Gord, Sir ... I'm dreading someone with a Milward's catalogue telling me there are also 11ft and 13ft versions !!! :shocked:

Nobby, Sir ... Too late, I fear !!! I'm enjoying it too much !!! :Chuckle:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

In the 1962 catalogue, Featherlites at 10'6", 12 and 13 feet, all three piecers and a super-rare two piece at 11 foot.

Senior Featherlites at 12 and 14 feet, both 3 piecers.

These last two, introduced in 1953, are now stiffened up in some un-specified way and are now faster and stiffer as well as being able to cope with "any large fish encountered"

Then there's the Floatranger, Matchmasters, Swimaster, Floatmaster, Matchflex( glass fibre), the Floatcrafts and Floatrover....

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Nobby wrote:In the 1962 catalogue, Featherlites at 10'6", 12 and 13 feet, all three piecers and a super-rare two piece at 11 foot.

Senior Featherlites at 12 and 14 feet, both 3 piecers.

These last two, introduced in 1953, are now stiffened up in some un-specified way and are now faster and stiffer as well as being able to cope with "any large fish encountered"

Then there's the Floatranger, Matchmasters, Swimaster, Floatmaster, Matchflex( glass fibre), the Floatcrafts and Floatrover....
AARRGGHH !!!!! :Brickwall: :Scared:

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

hi ac im in the same boat as you as i have just won a rod on ebay and the wife dosnt know yet, i am trying to find a way to head off the postman or im afraid it will be my head off so all of you who read this say a prayer for me
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

The Milward,s Matchmaster, a very nice rod.

Serial No A 26112

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Now you're just teasing me Ljm183, Sir !!!

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”