A 'punt' on a 500

The Chapmans Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

A 'punt' on a 500

Post by AshbyCut »

If this rod turns out to be ok, it's going to be my last rod purchase for some time as I believe I now have rods to cover every kind of angling I'm likely to do.

Bought from the Bay of E, I bid on this Chapman's 500 on the strength of a couple of not very good photos and the answers to a couple of questions ... so fingers crossed.

Better photographs will be posted when it arrives.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Robbi
Tench

Re: A 'punt' on a 500

Post by Robbi »

i wish you luck AC but knowing the rods you get i'm fairly sure this one will turn out ok as well :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

OldFellah

Post by OldFellah »

Looks a nice rod however I thought that all Chapman 500 rods were 3 piece with the handle separate from the other two sections ! This one looks like a standard two piece rod - or I am looking at it all wrong :oops:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

OldFellah wrote:Looks a nice rod however I thought that all Chapman 500 rods were 3 piece with the handle separate from the other two sections ! This one looks like a standard two piece rod - or I am looking at it all wrong :oops:
It has been photographed with the middle section still in place in the handle, Sir. If you zoom in on the joint you can make out the ferrule.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Robbi wrote:i wish you luck AC
Thank you, Sir. :Hat:

OldFellah

Post by OldFellah »

In that case I think you have got yourself a very nice rod indeed. Enjoy it as I have enjoyed my Chapmans over the years, lovely rods :Thumb:

Minger68

Post by Minger68 »

ac i am shaw it will be a good rod

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

AshbyCut wrote:......... as I believe I now have rods to cover every kind of angling I'm likely to do.
Understatement of the year :Hahaha:

I hope you get to use them all very soon :Hat:

PerchBasher

Post by PerchBasher »

A very under rated rod the “500” and capable of dealing with surprisingly large fish.

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

I think those "goldlabel" ones were the earlier versions, so I hope its worn well for you !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”