Holland & Wilkinson HydraGlide Centrepin reel

The Other Reels forum.
Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

I bought one of these today, I think it is worth nearer the £30 price tag than the claimed £150 rrp! It seems to spin well but it will be interesting to see how it performs when I have loaded it with line and use it for the first time. The advert states:

"The new H&W HydraGlide is a tough centrepin that features a rugged build to cope with modern river and stillwater tactics, but weighs in at an incredibly lightweight 8.5oz so it feels fantastic on the rod and in the hand too.

It features a 4.75ins spool size - bigger than many of the centrepins currently on sale - which means you can retrieve more line per turn to bring back rigs faster, and also enables anglers to use heavier lines for big river fish and margin carp.

There are few more exciting ways of catching than with a centrepin and long rod, especially when you’re running a float down the river for chub and roach, and the control over your rig a ‘pin gives you is simply excellent.

In a modern twist though, there was a huge, growing trend of anglers using centrepins on the stillwaters too for close range carp and tench fishing on float and specimen rods.

Drop a rig in close, hook a fish in the margins and get ready for some explosive fishing!

This new reel, in a dark bronze, stone guard colour finish, features a drilled, vented spool with drag and anti-reverse switches on the rear so you can set yourself up to slow any fish that steam off.

Tech spec

Weighs just 8.5oz!

Large, 4.75ins diameter spool
Vented spool
Drag and anti-reverse switches
Special presentation, lined wooded box
Spool

Large, 4.75ins spool for fast retrieve and using heavier, big fish-proof mainlines. Also features polish wooden handles.

Rear

Two switches let you switch on/off the drag and anti-reverse to help put you in control of hooked fish.

Box

The reel comes in its own lined, wooden presentation box – and all for £30!
centrepin.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Holland & Wilkinson HydraGlide Centrepin reel

Post by Mark »

It looks a nice reel Tony. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Mark wrote:It looks a nice reel Tony. :thumb:
Only time will tell Mark, I have my doubts about the quality but for £30 I am sure I will enjoy using it!

Time for my Wallis casting lessons!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

tony1964 wrote:
Mark wrote:It looks a nice reel Tony. :thumb:
Only time will tell Mark, I have my doubts about the quality but for £30 I am sure I will enjoy using it!

Time for my Wallis casting lessons!
Good luck with the Wallis casting Tony, I still haven't perfected it 100% but I'm getting there slowly. Some days it all seems to come together and others it can be a nightmare.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

That looks fabulous, good find Tony!!! :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Other Reels”