alluminium floats

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Gord
Crucian Carp

alluminium floats

Post by Gord »

i have just found one of my favourite floats from when i was a lot lot younger it is a small type of trotting float made of alluminium it was the float i used to catch my one and only thames trout at richmond ,who made them and can you still get hold of them.
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: alluminium floats

Post by Vole »

PM Tadpole if he doesn't spot this - I think he has one by Palmer, who also made aluminium float tubes.
Any chance of a pic?
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Gord wrote:i have just found one of my favourite floats from when i was a lot lot younger it is a small type of trotting float made of alluminium it was the float i used to catch my one and only thames trout at richmond ,who made them and can you still get hold of them.
Hi again Gord, :hat:
....... a Palmerfloat by Palmer of Alvechurch, Birmingham (the centre of our universe!).
You might be lucky to pick them up on "Fleabay" but they are no longer made.
Other bits you might keep an eye open for are "The "PALMERFLOAT" Case, disgorger and various float attachments that were marketed by them.

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Here you go Vole and Gord, :hat:

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

thats the one ! the one i have is the smaller of your two and i like the look of the float tube thanks for the info every one
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”