Possibly the Ultimate gift for "Cane Lovers".

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Maggot's Dad

Possibly the Ultimate gift for "Cane Lovers".

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Gentlemen, now, please behave! :chuckle: There may be Ladies reading!

Good afternoon to you all, :hat:

What would you consider to be the Ultimate gift for the cane rod user/fanatic (I'm definately not including fetishist in this list! :hahaha: )?

I've seen some stunning examples on this forum! We have some extremely talented people in our midst!
I've collected a few examples myself, over the years. I just can't help myself!

Rods, float cases and tubes, floats, float winders, banksticks, rest heads, landing nets, poles and handles (no..... I wont go on :beg: ).

Cane.....what a beautiful material.....natural, strong, resilient, warms to the touch and also those gorgeous many varied honey hues (what has he got to do with it? :hahaha: )!

Have I missed anything?
Do you have anything to add?

Well ................. I think I've got a new one ...... my latest "non-Christmas prezzy"

....................... "For The Man That Has It All"..............................

No ....... I'm not pulling your leg :chuckle: either!
My "Darling Wife" knitted these for me, using a yarn consisting of 80% Merino wool and 20% BAMBOO! :o

The addition of the bamboo fibres is for strength (would you believe!).
They are so soft (so what if I've got delicate little "piggies" ..... on whopping great size 11 "plates"!) and luxuriously warm.
Because the yarn is so fine (and they were knitted on bamboo needles!), the sock isn't thick and therefore doesn't tend to "cram up" any footwear I choose to wear, thereby maintaining "breathability" and avoiding sweat (YUK!)!

Worth her weight in gold, She is!
I think maybe, now I have it all!

JohnL

Re: Possibly the Ultimate gift for "Cane Lovers".

Post by JohnL »

Very, very nice. So if they do bamboo wool how long before we get bamboo braid for fishing line?

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Very nice. I would like to order a pair in brown and a pair in green. Thank you very nice for the good lady to make us all bamboo socks :hat: :chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

They look great, handmade socks with an inbuilt vintage angle. Is your better half at doing rod restoration aswell?

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Evening Chaps! :hat:

thanks for the comments, I'll pass them on to "Her Majesty".

I was even measured up for them, foot length and shape! She makes my fishing socks to size so that when worn, the yarn isn't stretched and therefore stays perfectly warm! They do fit like a glove!
She doesn't knit anything else other than socks and does it purely for the enjoyment.
Clever girl, she is!

JohnL
I hope not, but if they ever do, I think I'll give it a miss! :chuckle:

Loop Erminder
She says sorry about not taking orders but taking commissions would instantly impart a pressure upon her and spoil her enjoyment of knitting.

I have quite a collection of superb fishing socks now, all knitted from uniquely hand dyed, luxury yarn mixes, with different "knitted in" textures and with wonderful names like "Single Malt and October Afternoons".
Mind you, with some of the colour schemes involved, it's just as well that they are hidden in boots and beneath trouser legs as I am generally quite reserved concerning my choice of sock colours! :o

Woodytia
She's no good with rods, that's all left to me, but brilliant with her sticks as you can see!
Yes it's nice to keep the bamboo thread (groan :hahaha: ) going!
As for the vintage side of it, I think that me! :laugh:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Maggot's Dad wrote:Evening Chaps! :hat:

thanks for the comments, I'll pass them on to "Her Majesty".

I was even measured up for them, foot length and shape! She makes my fishing socks to size so that when worn, the yarn isn't stretched and therefore stays perfectly warm! They do fit like a glove!
She doesn't knit anything else other than socks and does it purely for the enjoyment.
Clever girl, she is!

JohnL
I hope not, but if they ever do, I think I'll give it a miss! :chuckle:

Loop Erminder
She says sorry about not taking orders but taking commissions would instantly impart a pressure upon her and spoil her enjoyment of knitting.

I have quite a collection of superb fishing socks now, all knitted from uniquely hand dyed, luxury yarn mixes, with different "knitted in" textures and with wonderful names like "Single Malt and October Afternoons".
Mind you, with some of the colour schemes involved, it's just as well that they are hidden in boots and beneath trouser legs as I am generally quite reserved concerning my choice of sock colours! :o

Woodytia
She's no good with rods, that's all left to me, but brilliant with her sticks as you can see!
Yes it's nice to keep the bamboo thread (groan :hahaha: ) going!
As for the vintage side of it, I think that me! :laugh:

Tell her that there's a young bloke here in Wales who thinks they are stunning.

My address is :-

:Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Cheers Kingfisher, :Thumb:

She's "dead chuffed" that you like them!

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Maybe if they came in a pack of three rather than a pair they could then become the ultimate man's winter warming set?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Maybe if they came in a pack of three rather than a pair they could then become the ultimate man's winter warming set?
Hi SK, :Hat:

Lets not discuss the use of the third one eh?
.......but I will ask her :Chuckle: :Chuckle:

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”