Latest purchase

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Latest purchase

Post by Harry H »

My latest purchase for the grand sum of £20 a Masterline Wanderer.
ImageImage
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Latest purchase

Post by RBTraditional »

Worth every penny… love a good waistcoat :Thumb:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I like that... I think John Wilson had one like that or very similar.
Very nice.

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Mr B wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm I like that... I think John Wilson had one like that or very similar.
Very nice.

Mr B
You're quite correct :Thumb: I think he had some sponsorship from Masterline
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Harry H wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:36 pm
Mr B wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm I like that... I think John Wilson had one like that or very similar.
Very nice.

Mr B
You're quite correct :Thumb: I think he had some sponsorship from Masterline
Yes, I thought so.... I was actually looking at the same one on an popular auction site a few months ago bit missed the boat! Looks like the same waistcoat! 🤣🤣🤣
I shall keep looking...
Enjoy it Harry
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

My better half Ruth calls this type of attire an “Action Jacket “.To me they are something very different to a waistcoat.OK, they dont have any arms in, but that is about where the similarity ends . Ruth bought me a quite expensive one some years ago , then she found another one that a friends father was passing on , so I had the two.

Over the years I found them more of a hindrance than a help, I could never find anything in the many pockets they have. The pockets seemed to be just everywhere, in plain sight or hidden under another pocket, or maybe in a seam somewhere round the back, sides or front.They seem very popular in the game fishing world, but maybe game fishermen dont carry around with them as much junk as I do. :Chuckle: If that is the case then it is my failing to slim down the bits I take with me that makes them OK ? I will hold up my hands to that .They both ended up hung behind the workshop door with a multitude of other coats, overalls, waterproofs etc .I had a clear out some years ago .

They both ended up in a local Charity shop , they were snapped up.

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Old Man River wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:39 pm My better half Ruth calls this type of attire an “Action Jacket “.To me they are something very different to a waistcoat.OK, they dont have any arms in, but that is about where the similarity ends . Ruth bought me a quite expensive one some years ago , then she found another one that a friends father was passing on , so I had the two.

Over the years I found them more of a hindrance than a help, I could never find anything in the many pockets they have. The pockets seemed to be just everywhere, in plain sight or hidden under another pocket, or maybe in a seam somewhere round the back, sides or front.They seem very popular in the game fishing world, but maybe game fishermen dont carry around with them as much junk as I do. :Chuckle: If that is the case then it is my failing to slim down the bits I take with me that makes them OK ? I will hold up my hands to that .They both ended up hung behind the workshop door with a multitude of other coats, overalls, waterproofs etc .I had a clear out some years ago .

They both ended up in a local Charity shop , they were snapped up.

David
They sound a good idea in theory but I'll have to see in practice come the 16th :Thumb:
I think I'll hedge my bets though and put another hook on the shed door :Chuckle:
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”