Crow quill Avons….

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Re: Crow quill Avons….

Post by Sussex Micky »

:Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

RBTraditional wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:47 pm There’s probably some outstanding rental due Micky… :Wink: :Hahaha:
I bloody hope not - I’ve got a fair few………I thought there was a catch - pun intended……..
:fish:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Shall we just call it £100 Peter :whistle:

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Lovely post Rob, and as always cracking floats!
Full of sentiment to. Thanks for sharing that.
I have saved the photos and in around another 40 years or so, when I am, or could be 105 I might be able to knock out a few just like that!
saying that... I don't think so!!!
.... The Medway.... as a boy we used to fish at Yalding.,, we called it Gudgeon Creak, thats all we caught!
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

Micky rest assured when the river is suitable for grayling fishing, I will be using one of those beautiful crafted floats, based on the model used by Reg Righyni who gave me some of his original floats many years ago. I believe Micky you have taken the art of float making, a step further by using a cane stem, not wire. Over the years you have kindly come up with floats, I need for various places, many years ago you made me some sliding porcupine quills for the river Beult, in my opinion they cannot be beaten. Thank you Martin

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Martin James wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:47 pm Micky rest assured when the river is suitable for grayling fishing, I will be using one of those beautiful crafted floats, based on the model used by Reg Righyni who gave me some of his original floats many years ago. I believe Micky you have taken the art of float making, a step further by using a cane stem, not wire. Over the years you have kindly come up with floats, I need for various places, many years ago you made me some sliding porcupine quills for the river Beult, in my opinion they cannot be beaten. Thank you Martin

Martin my dear friend, it has been a pleasure to help in some way with your float needs , I do really hope that these modest floats I recently made you for grayling will perform well for you.
I know that they will be in the hands of a master Angler and a true friend
Micky :Hat:

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Mr B wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:56 pm Lovely post Rob, and as always cracking floats!
I have saved the photos and in around another 40 years or so, when I am, or could be 105 I might be able to knock out a few just like that!
.... The Medway.... as a boy we used to fish at Yalding.,, we called it Gudgeon Creak, thats all we caught!
I have not caught a Gudgeon for ages Mark, in fact I cannot even remember the last time I did. Theres something about them, beautiful little fish in my book

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

Sussex Micky wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:59 pm
Mr B wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:56 pm Lovely post Rob, and as always cracking floats!
I have not caught a Gudgeon for ages Mark, in fact I cannot even remember the last time I did. Theres something about them, beautiful little fish in my book
If gudgeon have any admiration for superb floats, they'll be throwing themselves on your bait Micky! :Wink:
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Nice of you to say John , was thinking that another fish that seems to have disappeared here is the Ruffe. I remember catching them from time to time in the River Rother, but that was a long time ago...would be interesting to hear from others in the forum if they have become rare in their areas ?

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

Sussex Micky wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:32 pm Nice of you to say John , was thinking that another fish that seems to have disappeared here is the Ruffe. I remember catching them from time to time in the River Rother, but that was a long time ago...would be interesting to hear from others in the forum if they have become rare in their areas ?
Funny you should mention ruffle Micky. I was looking at an old book only today that described them as 'widely spread and bold biters'.

I remember catching them once (loads!) years ago on the Thames at Kingston, but I'd not caught any before - nor since.
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”