Ambidex rescue

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Ambidex rescue

Post by Mr B »

You made a nice job of the reel NiceRoach, looks great and as you said runs smoothly, nice one.
This post gave me a prod to sort a couple of my own reels out.
I like the collapsible handles so last year I swapped blue one from my Mk 6 and put it on my 2 FP, so now a gold'n blue mix.
Cutting it short I have just bagged a basket case Mk 6 for £11 od, all in including the p&p just for the handle and should a few extra bits for my Mk 6's should the need arise, plus I can put the blue handle on its rightful owner!
So thanks for your post and the interesting thread of comments and photos. I to do love an Ambidex, good old heavy British engineering,

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Very nice ole straightbacks there :tea:

Couldn’t believe I posted this ‘humpy’ same TFF thread, and I must have sold it or given it away.

Silly ole fisher, am I.

ImageImage

:tea:
niceroach

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Longish shot, but does anyone have a spare handle screw for an Ambidex?

Regards :tea:
niceroach

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

NiceRoach wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:28 pm Longish shot, but does anyone have a spare handle screw for an Ambidex?

Regards :tea:
Yes.. I have one..
PM me your address and I will pop it in the post, no problem.

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Mr B

PM sent

Regards
niceroach

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Just a note that may help if anyone else is looking for one, that chromed dome head screw is found on many of the Youngs built reels. It is also the spindle screw on most of their centrepins and spool retaining screw on many of their post war fly reels.

Wal.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

A new chrome dome J.W screw thanks to the excellent TFF’r………. Mr B

Kindest
Regards

niceroach

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

NiceRoach wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:54 pm A new chrome dome J.W screw thanks to the excellent TFF’r………. Mr B

Kindest
Regards

Thats great... it didn't take long to get to you in Scotland! Nice to see it in service again.
"Marvellous"
Mr B 👍

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”