Elite bale arm spring

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Brewers-Whoop
Stickleback

Elite bale arm spring

Post by Brewers-Whoop »

Recently acquired a scruffy old Elite. Despite their not-always-stellar reputation, I've always half hankered after one. Discovered that a) it is the plastic gizzards version and b) the reason the bale arm was loathe to close was because the spring was snapped.

So please does anyone know any secret hoarders of old KP Morrit spares, who may be persuaded to part with one?

Thanks.

Catfish.017
Eel

Re: Elite bale arm spring

Post by Catfish.017 »

I'll have a dig tomorrow. If it's the same size as the Regent/ Classic I'll definitely have one.

Brewers-Whoop
Stickleback

Post by Brewers-Whoop »

Brilliant, thanks Catfish. Fingers crossed!

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Sorry B W, I only have Classic springs which after looking at my Elite I can see are smaller.

Brewers-Whoop
Stickleback

Post by Brewers-Whoop »

OK, thanks anyway Catfish: much appreciated.

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

Hi, BW!
If you'll forgive me, I'll piggy-back onto your posting and join in the cry for Elite bail springs!
Every time I take my Elite out to play, I worry that the spring will, this time, break.
I would really like to have a spare against the day when the existing cries "enough".
If anybody here knows anything about the location of replacements, I'll politely join BW's queue, if that's OK?
With so many Elites having been made over the years, there must've been loads of spares knocking about......
Oh! I forgot; we're not talking about 300s here!
Many thanks,
Mike

Brewers-Whoop
Stickleback

Post by Brewers-Whoop »

No problem at all Mike. I live in hope that there is a box sat forgotten on a shelf or in a drawer somewhere, with a stash of NOS Elite parts. Find that unfounded optimism helps keeps spirits up!

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

You're so right! Unfounded optimism is the only thing left to keep us going!
I've had exactly the same thought as you re. the hidden stash! It DOES exist, but where...?!
Mike

Velossembly
Stickleback

Post by Velossembly »

There used to be a bicycle/tackle shop in Wind Street, Ammanford and, after the lovely old gentleman who owned it died, the fishing tackle was acquired by Anglers’ Corner in Llanelli. There were several RAACO type racks of Intrepid and Mitchell reel parts and I remember taking advantage of this huge selection when I was in the Llanelli shop.

The lady that runs the shop is extremely knowledgable and I would be very surprised if those reel parts have been abandoned. Anglers’ Corner has an up to date website, so it might be worth your ‘phoning them if you are still looking for your Elite bail arm return spring. I’m sure they would post it for the usual fee.

BB.

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

Hi, Velossembly!
I have had a long and interesting chat with a nice chap at Anglers Corner - to no avail.
He said that all the reel spares at take-over were sold in bulk. To whom, he could not say.
No Intrepid spares were retained, apparently.
Shame, but not surprising.
Thanks for the steer in their direction and a warm welcome to this forum!
Mike

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”