The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 19th November 2023

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Old Man River
Eel

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 19th November 2023

Post by Old Man River »

I will be there as well, the Old Man River table open for perusal, it will be nice to see faces old and new .

:Hat: :Hat:

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I'll be there too, looking forward to seeing the regulars :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Another great day at Redditch Vintage Tackle fair.
Nice to meet up with friends old and new, a few more faces put to names and some nice little bargains to take home.
Looking forward to next year.

Wal.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Wallys-Cast wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:45 am Another great day at Redditch Vintage Tackle fair.
Nice to meet up with friends old and new, a few more faces put to names and some nice little bargains to take home.

Wal.
Would you like me to drive?
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Wallys-Cast wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:45 am Another great day at Redditch Vintage Tackle fair.

Wal.
I really enjoyed yesterday too! Great chatting to a variety of TFF friends old and new! I managed to sell a few rods and reels, to people that didn't even know they needed them! :Hahaha: :Thumb:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I splashed out on a new pair of forceps like the reckless fool I am. But it was good to catch up with a few old rascals and chat the day away.

Star performer was Jeremy Croxall who demonstrated how not to make an impression on a young lady. She was serving in the cantine and, when I commented on the heat of her hands (as she handed me change) Jerry jumped in with, "Warm hands cold heart, that's what they say." As I chuckled, he tried desperately to get it right but she was not impressed. It couldn't get worse, could it? Oh yes, Jerry then fiddled through his phone trying to find a picture of his daughter to show her as "She's quite like you". I told him he was in the trench and to stop digging.

I don't know, old men and young ladies - using the term 'lady' in its loosest form.

Never a dull minute at Redditch, even Fredline was slightly less caustic but, he did say it was his last show - again. Luckily Ted's charm works hard to balance the Waldorf and Statler act which is worth the entrance fee alone.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Good to meet up with some of the TFF Massive... We had to leave early as it was a near 300 mile round trip for us...
Bought a few bits (for my Christmas prezzies according to my good lady)...😳
Which means I'm not allowed to play with my new bits for another 6 weeks or so...πŸ˜”πŸ˜’
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Bob Brookes wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:08 pm

Wal.
Would you like me to drive?
Just realised the date haha. I'm sure we could escape the intense fishing for a day Bob.
I think Jeremy should come to the gravel pits and pick us up. Its more or less on his way to Redditch :Chuckle:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I almost forgot to mention, that I had a chance to thank Mrs AItch for her contributions to the Gudgeon Days on the Wally. I did frisk her but alas, no Tiffin.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Dave Burr wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:30 pm I almost forgot to mention, that I had a chance to thank Mrs AItch for her contributions to the Gudgeon Days on the Wally. I did frisk her but alas, no Tiffin.
There'll be the usual selection of comestibles at the Brass Monkey Jolly in Feb courtesy of Mrs Aitch...πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to β€œFishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”