How do you?

The Other Reels forum.
Wakou
Rudd

How do you?

Post by Wakou »

Folks, how do you display your collection? I am thinking of getting some dowelling or some broom-handles, and wrapping them in cork sheet to give the impression of a rod-handle... Anything would be better than the current pile of randomness!
randomsmall2.jpg
randomsmall.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave F
Grayling

Re: How do you?

Post by Dave F »

At least you can see your reels etcetera. I have no room at all and Ambidex, Rapidex, Trudex, Speedia, Grice & Young and Mitchell reels are in a cardboard box.

I’ll dream of a “bigger” house…….. !

:whistle:
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

A man after my own heart...looks good to me, but maybe a few more dusty books thrown in, and from a personal perspective, a few bits of Great War memorabilia - the odd grenade or a pair of wire cutters. I'm currently clearing out my man cave / spare room, and Saturday will be day 5, but found some reels I'd forgotten about, although the handle of a WW1 German entrenching tool has surcome to woodworm. Some reels going on shelves, but they do get very dusty.

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Rod Fisher
Silver Bream

Post by Rod Fisher »

Wakou wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:27 pm Folks, how do you display your collection?
I have a corner display cabinet.

ImageImageImage
The rest are in utilitarian homemade wooden crates.

Placing the reels with the reel foot to the side usually makes them more stable (giving three points of contact) than standing them up on the reel foot.
Last edited by Rod Fisher on Thu May 02, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Keep out of sight. Trout has no eyebrows and can see up." - Forest and Stream 1904.

“A man may read books and get the best advice possible, but he will profit little by one or the other without practice.” - William Bailey

Wakou
Rudd

Post by Wakou »

Oooh! Nice Aerials! I snagged one the other day (see "latest traditional purchase") It seems all good etc. I might even send it off to a guru for a proper fettle. It is a C815, 4 1/2" wide-drum. (Thanks to your brilliant id tool, which I loved even before I owned one!)

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

That is a C344 according to the Allcocks 1966 catalogue - in the Sea Fishing section. Not included at all in the 1967 catalogue.

Not included in the "Bottom Fishing" section which only has the New Match Aerial in both the 1966 and 1967 catalogues..

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

I made this cabinet at school so 60 years ago. It has sliding glass panels in the middle section but they are taken out for this shot.

Wakou
Rudd

Post by Wakou »

Olly wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:07 pm That is a C344 according to the Allcocks 1966 catalogue - in the Sea Fishing section. Not included at all in the 1967 catalogue.

Not included in the "Bottom Fishing" section which only has the New Match Aerial in both the 1966 and 1967 catalogues..
Really? @rod fisher What do you think?

Rod Fisher
Silver Bream

Post by Rod Fisher »

Wakou wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:10 am
Olly wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:07 pm That is a C344 according to the Allcocks 1966 catalogue - in the Sea Fishing section. Not included at all in the 1967 catalogue.

Really? @rod fisher What do you think?
The same reel was listed under both catalogue numbers. See this discussion in the Allcock Aerial identification tool thread.
"Keep out of sight. Trout has no eyebrows and can see up." - Forest and Stream 1904.

“A man may read books and get the best advice possible, but he will profit little by one or the other without practice.” - William Bailey

Return to “Other Reels”