Sorting out a problem with the Cardinal 66

The ABU Reels forum.
BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Re: Sorting out a problem with the Cardinal 66

Post by BeechmereLake »

John Milford wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:02 pm My 66 arrived back from it's few days of intensive therapy at Magician Martin's Cardinal Clinic with perfect timing. Postie knocked mere moments before I had to set off a day of frantic 'Father of the Bride' duties at my daughter's wedding!

Excitedly opening the package this morning revealed my reel in superbly fine fettle and running as silky as Silky the Silk Worm's silk pyjamas!

A truly splendid job Martin! :Hat:
John, glad you like it, hope it fits in with your Pike fishing, the reel will work perfect :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

John Milford wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:02 pm My 66 arrived back from it's few days of intensive therapy at Magician Martin's Cardinal Clinic with perfect timing. Postie knocked mere moments before I had to set off a day of frantic 'Father of the Bride' duties at my daughter's wedding!

Excitedly opening the package this morning revealed my reel in superbly fine fettle and running as silky as Silky the Silk Worm's silk pyjamas!

A truly splendid job Martin! :Hat:
John, glad you like it, hope it fits in with your Pike fishing, the reel will work perfect :Hat:

"BB"

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

I took the reel for an outing to my local carp pool today.

Nothing too strenuous, but four nice carp to put it through it's paces - which it passed with flying colours. :Thumb:

Screenshot_20230828-195158_Photos~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

John Milford wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:08 pm I took the reel for an outing to my local carp pool today.

Nothing too strenuous, but four nice carp to put it through it's paces - which it passed with flying colours. :Thumb:

Screenshot_20230828-195158_Photos~2.jpg
And thats what its all about, fish on the bank, some great fish too.
My good friend and angling partner Mike Read of Mitchell Museum fame turned up on Friday for a days education into fishing my local pool :Hahaha: something worked well ( bait and presentation) he had a 20lb Common and a 23lb mirror carp along with 20 others mainly doubles, this time he was not using any stupid value Mitchell's but a Shimano baitrunner which by the end of the day was fit for the binmen next week. :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

"BB"

Return to “ABU Reels”