SK is making videos for Pdas

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Moley
Brown Trout

Re: SK is making videos for Pdas

Post by Moley »

The only noise encountered when fishing Cheeseman's Bridge is pie crunching, tea slurping, loud singing very nearly in tune, and extremely vociferous farts after lunch.

These noises seem to emanate from one short, fat individual who shall remain nameless. God help you all if he remembers the packet of Scratchings in his bag and how someone can make so much noise eating a packet of Blue Ribband chocolate wafers is beyond the ken of most.

Road noise.....what road noise?

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

The expression for that is noise pollution 🤣
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Shimmer45
Minnow

Post by Shimmer45 »

its good to see him back posting material
i miss alot of his blog stuff and i love both of his books

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

It was a pleasure to dig out the old cane and make a few films for the local fishing club. Sometimes a wonderful piece of water can be spoilt slightly by uncontrollable factors, factors which don't take away any of the enjoyment, but I see how some might view this as a deal breaker. I appreciate all the kind words, and it's lovely to see the forum still as popular and enjoyed as it always was. My own fishing has meandered somewhat, I still love fishing and the essence of fishing, perhaps the tackle may sway from time to time, but as we always pointed out, it's more about what's in the heart, than what's in the hand.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: ↑Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:11 am It was a pleasure to dig out the old cane and make a few films for the local fishing club. Sometimes a wonderful piece of water can be spoilt slightly by uncontrollable factors, factors which don't take away any of the enjoyment, but I see how some might view this as a deal breaker. I appreciate all the kind words, and it's lovely to see the forum still as popular and enjoyed as it always was. My own fishing has meandered somewhat, I still love fishing and the essence of fishing, perhaps the tackle may sway from time to time, but as we always pointed out, it's more about what's in the heart, than what's in the hand.
initially I found the traffic noise intrusive, then I thought back to my fishing early years. Sitting on the pavement at the Eagle Snaresbrook - 3 ft from a very busy London road. And how the traffic was ignored as soon as fish moved into the swim.

Looking forward to reading more of your stuff

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I couldn't watch it because of traffic noise, it spoils what should be a pleasant and calming viewing experience.
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: ↑Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:09 pm I couldn't watch it because of traffic noise, it spoils what should be a pleasant and calming viewing experience.
I would agree. Being out there surely should not have constant reminders of what we are trying to leave behind - in many cases.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I fished both areas Stu filmed and you don't notice the traffic noise, come along to the winter Jolly next month and see for yourselves - anyway the Gonks don't mind
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I found my camera picks up background noise making it seem louder than it really was. Maybe the recording noise could be filtered out.
I think we filter out certain noises naturally but road noise is much worse these days, grippier tyres have definitely increased it. I remember years ago Rolls Royce refusing to fit radial tyres because of the extra noise.
Wal.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Wallys-Cast wrote: ↑Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:38 am I found my camera picks up background noise making it seem louder than it really was. Maybe the recording noise could be filtered out.
I think we filter out certain noises naturally but road noise is much worse these days, grippier tyres have definitely increased it. I remember years ago Rolls Royce refusing to fit radial tyres because of the extra noise.
Wal.
Which model did you go for Wal…? :Wink: :Hahaha:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Fishing Films”