Italian FSR reels; highly regarded or not?

The Other Reels forum.
Rockape
Rudd

Italian FSR reels; highly regarded or not?

Post by Rockape »

Hi everyone,

I just got hold of my first (reasonably conditioned) Italian made FSR reel, which came with an Intrepid Junior (it was actually the Intrepid I was after). I did a bit of basic restoration on it and found that the main gear seemed to be of fairly good quality, though design wise internally, it had a bit of a Morritt touch to it, except the flyer/rotor attachment method, which is very different.

I found it to be a simple soundly constructed reel (though reasembly of the main gear and ocillating pin was tricky to say the least) and I really like it.

My question is, how are FSR reels regarded in general?

Stingray
Grayling

Re: Italian FSR reels; highly regarded or not?

Post by Stingray »

I've had a few FSRs and found them to be good, sound reels. Not in the top tier of Italian reels but that is a high bar as the Italians made some really good reels.

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

I've had 3 of the little FSR's,they are basic but functional.Whilst fiddling with one of them(it had an antireverse fault) a tiny spring loaded ball bearing launched itself into space never to be seen again...

AntiqueAngler
Gudgeon

Post by AntiqueAngler »

If your looking at value the one to watch for is the grey bodied with red/silver badge and claw bail.Some models were only made for export to Europe,so they are rare in Italy.As are Alcedo's with bird in flight logo.

Rockape
Rudd

Post by Rockape »

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Yeah, I don't see myself collecting these models (famous last words..lol!), but I am pleased to own this one.

Cheers!

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Yeah and when you find another that's better than YOUR one........You delusional fool.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Return to โ€œOther Reelsโ€