Help Identifying A Hardy Palakona Fly Rod

The Hardy Rods forum.
Silver King
Stickleback

Help Identifying A Hardy Palakona Fly Rod

Post by Silver King »

I have a 3pc Palakona fly rod dated about the beginning of the 1900"s or possibly earlier - unfortunately the script is not very clear and it has two serial numbers - the serial number on the but is 53512A The script after Palakona appears to read " Royal" - I can't think of any other word which would match the script that exists however under the script is written "No 284336" I am not certain about the numbers 8 and 4 in this serial number. Is anyone aware of Hardy making a Palakonia Royal Rod and which serial number is appropriate to date the rod and what would the date of manufacture be Thanks Eric

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Help Identifying A Hardy Palakona Fly Rod

Post by Olly »

The numbers for 1910 were from A44906 - to A55752 - so your rod was made in 1910.

Silver King
Stickleback

Post by Silver King »

My rod is only about 9' with the tip inside a cane sheath. I would still appreciate someone telling me the significance of the other number written on the rod - I have three other Palakona rods and none of them have a serial number on the rod Eric

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

The numbers on the butt are the date of the rods manufacture. Sorry no idea about those on the rod's cane.

If you put the rod's name and serial number on the butt they can be dated for you.

Or try my post in ""Hardy Manufacturing dates"" where Wal has helped me by adding the lists!
****Thanks Wal - hope you can see them all now everybody!****

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”