Nothing amazing...but very enjoyable

This forum belongs to the River Trent.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Nothing amazing...but very enjoyable

Post by TrentFisher »

Hello Gents,

I hope all is well.

Here we are at September and I must say my season on the Trent continues to produce a mixed bag during my outings.
I have mainly targeting the bream with my feeder approach using sweetcorn as the main bait and the results have been pretty good.
My roach trips have mainly been with the float with the odd outing testing out a light feeder rig both have resulted in fair to good catches.

Bait wise as mentioned sweetcorn,this has accounted for some better stamp of roach and there seems to be a good head of youug chub showing up to about the pound mark.

Bread is the other main bait in use and this has resulted in Bream,roach,chub and some nice dace.So overall happy with my lot.
I have not had a session with wheat as yet as the other two baits have performed well and along with helping the family with some jobs the time has flown by!

Looking forward to the rest of the season,I gues it will get tougher but that is all part of it.

Continue to enjoy your season .

All the best -Nige.

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Re: Nothing amazing...but very enjoyable

Post by AllRounder »

Great to see you are catching a few Nige even with a low and clear river. Your bream catches should surely improve once a bit of colour comes into the river.
I’ve had a few goes for the silver fish including a day fishing wheat but I seem to be constantly interrupted with pike trouble - again the clear water doesn’t help.
As I speak the Trent is rising so hopefully a good flush through should make for a great Autumn.

Tight lines :Hat:

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Glad your season is going pretty well,as AllRounder stated,the rivers are getting some extra water so things are looking good.

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

AllRounder wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:34 pm Great to see you are catching a few Nige even with a low and clear river. Your bream catches should surely improve once a bit of colour comes into the river.
I’ve had a few goes for the silver fish including a day fishing wheat but I seem to be constantly interrupted with pike trouble - again the clear water doesn’t help.
As I speak the Trent is rising so hopefully a good flush through should make for a great Autumn.

Tight lines :Hat:
The stretch I fish is the opposite Holme Pierrepont where the canoe course exits into the Trent.The two swims bleow this have a good flow but the barbel guys are normally in these.Further down there is a steadier flow and I tend to fish this area and keep out the way of the circus unfolding upstream!
Oddly the pike issue has not plagued me so far ,however the last outing there was a jack lurking in the margin where I was set up.It chased one roach but then departed.However I could see alot of activity down stream as the fry where bing chased either pike or perch the latter being on the agenda soon.

All the best Nigel.

Return to “River Trent”