Marco Medway 10' 6"

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Catfish.017
Eel

Marco Medway 10' 6"

Post by Catfish.017 »

I almost bought one of these at a boot fair this morning :Confused: :Confused: . It had issues. All original rings gone, replaced by early Fugi types. Slight delamination, a previous owner had crisscross whipped each section, possibly as decoration, maybe in an effort to prevent further separation? A slight set in the top section. The ferrules were plain suction I.e. Not reinforced??finally despite being light in the hand (hollow built) it felt rather 'floppy' . I could have negotiated less than the £20 asked, I don't know if I should have brought it home?

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: Marco Medway 10' 6"

Post by Bobthefloat »

My wife brought a small bundle of cane rods from a boot fair for £10 and within was one of these rods.
After a good waggle is was soon apparent this rod is absolutely perfect for barbel and chub on small to medium sized rivers.
This one is not floppy at all and has a very pokey feel about it.

Unfortunately the transfer was a little damaged and the rings were in poor condition and the rod with its quite short handle felt very top heavy.

I gave the rod to Mr Rod Storey aka Old Angler on TFF for a full refurbishment and also to extend the corks up the rod several inches and finished with my favourite doughnut style handle and also a hook keeper added.
Rod even managed to apply a replacement transfer to keep the original look!

The rod feels so much more balanced now and I look forward to christening it on the Medway next season!

I will add some pictures soon.
Old Angler is easily contacted through here via pm and his prices for cane work is MORE than reasonable!

:Hat:

Wally Roy
Roach

Post by Wally Roy »

I have several rods from Rod Story his work is outstanding and prices very reasonable.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I have the 12 ' Version, its a lovely rod.
Hollow built Medway De luxe.
I think it nice to use a rod named after a river on the river.
Fishing the Medway at Teston on a summer evening is something I enjoy now and then.
Day tickets can be had on line or on the river bank.
Maidstone Victory run this stretch and other stretches of the river.
Just over £6.00 a day.
Mr B
https://www.maidstonevictoryanglingsoci ... y-yalding/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”