Another Bamboo float tube

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Another Bamboo float tube

Post by Loop Erimder »

Having made one bamboo float tube, I decided to have another go and make another one which is to be different in appearance

This is the first completed float tube

This time after scraping off the enamel from the bamboo, I have coloured it with Jacobean Dark Oak wood dye. Once dried and left for 24 hours minimum. I have applied the first set of whippings in brown

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Another Bamboo float tube

Post by Mark »

Very nice Loop. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Having now seen one up close, may I state that Loops tubes are excellent. His float tubes, I mean ... before any smart alec chimes in !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

More whippings to the bottom

More whipping to the centre and them coated in dope
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Wickerman

Post by Wickerman »

Lovely job loops,might have a go myself one day.How did you get on with the safety pins for eyes?

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Wickerman wrote:Lovely job loops,might have a go myself one day.How did you get on with the safety pins for eyes?
Not tried them yet as still using peacock quills but I do have some bamboo skewers which I am slowly starting on by rounding off the tips and cutting them to size so hopefully on Sunday or Monday will have a go at that

VernonBenables

Post by VernonBenables »

Your reels look nice in those wooden crates.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

vernonbenables wrote:Your reels look nice in those wooden crates.
Thank you sir I must do a better photo of them on display in the crates. Crates made by myself too

George387
Crucian Carp

Post by George387 »

looking very nice Loop :D
Brown Trout maybe Beautiful But Grayling are Gorgeous. "Lets Tackle Cancer" Supporter
The Flee & Float

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Many thanks to Loop for the idea. Having seen his admirable efforts and being at a loss for a suitable birthday present for my dad, I thought I would have a go.

Again B&Q bamboo, a bit of whipping and a picture. The illustrated one is for my dad. The simpler version for me, given my untidy nature when fishing. The tops are made from a cork sanding block, shaped with hacksaw file and sandpaper. They give a satisfying pop when removed :)
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”