Efgeeco adjustable rod rest

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
LuckyLuca
Barbel

Efgeeco adjustable rod rest

Post by LuckyLuca »

Anyone like to hazard a guess at the age of this?

And before the wise cracks start no i don't mean the carpet :hahaha:

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Gurn
Chub

Re: Efgeeco adjustable rod rest

Post by Gurn »

Probably about 40 years old mate. I like them, got a few myself/

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

still got mine bought in 1981

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

32 years old
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

A couple of those sold for quite big money on eBay last week. Indeed even the rubber head will fetch 6 or 7 quid of late!

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

I presume from the picture that's its the aluminium version and plastic collar, so it'll be the later version. If you can get the earlier brown version with brass fittings, they tend to go for more than one would expect.

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Merlot wrote:I presume from the picture that's its the aluminium version and plastic collar, so it'll be the later version. If you can get the earlier brown version with brass fittings, they tend to go for more than one would expect.
Was thinking the same thing. I can recall these silver ones still being sold in tackle shops in the late 1980s. I have just one remaining brown-painted early version with the brass locking nut; somehow all my others (I had a few at one time) have disappeared.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

gloucesteroldspot wrote:
Merlot wrote:I presume from the picture that's its the aluminium version and plastic collar, so it'll be the later version. If you can get the earlier brown version with brass fittings, they tend to go for more than one would expect.
Was thinking the same thing. I can recall these silver ones still being sold in tackle shops in the late 1980s. I have just one remaining brown-painted early version with the brass locking nut; somehow all my others (I had a few at one time) have disappeared.
I'm in agreement with GOS. One will also find, that some of the large/longer older brown versions appearing on fleabay (and reaching silly prices), are cannibalised from the Efgeeco tripod. You can tell this, by removing the rubber head and you'll find the top of the alloy rod recessed on either side,(to fit in the bracket), with a whole running through, where they have removed the joining/securing rivet.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Merlot, I believe you've recently aquired one of the 'mickey mouse' look-alike Efgeeco rod rests?

My spies are everywhere!

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Nobby wrote:Merlot, I believe you've recently aquired one of the 'mickey mouse' look-alike Efgeeco rod rests?

My spies are everywhere!
Mickey mouse Efgeeco I'm not sure, I`ve a few cane tri-pods, I bought years ago, but all my Efgeeco tri-pods/banks sticks are genuine, pray expand young Nobby?

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”