Barbour Border but with back game pocket?

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
OldTackle
Arctic Char

Barbour Border but with back game pocket?

Post by OldTackle »

Hi gents,

is there any model of Barbour's range that is just the Border jacket but additionally with a back game pocket just as the Beaufort?
Maybe some know?
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Old Man Oakley
Roach

Re: Barbour Border but with back game pocket?

Post by Old Man Oakley »

Possibly the Gamefair?
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

WoodBurnerMatt
Rudd

Post by WoodBurnerMatt »

Hello Sir, happy new year!

Only the Beaufort and the heavier weight Moorland. With both the older versions are much much more durable than the newer offerings.

Woodburnermatt

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Happy New Year my friend,

reminds me that I still have something to send off...
I will have a look at the Moorland. The other option is my oldest wax jacket that I own since I was 14 years old. The arms are too short so I could make it into a waistcoat to wear underneath. It has such a back pocket that I like to carry a simple small mat to sit on...
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

If I had to decide which jacket to buy I would have a go for the (classic) Beaufort.
I own a classic Moorland since nearly 15 years and it had to be repaired a few times...6 or so..
Problem is the heavy weight Thornproof they used.It wears much more than the medium or lightweight cloth because of its stiffness,and its not very comfortable when damp.The cloth
gets hard like leather..I do like my classic Solway much more which is made of medium cloth..

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Now that would be a great jacket, something with the rear pocket of the Beaufort, with the length of the Border. The two inner pockets on the border are useful, but not quite big enough maybe.
I will take a look tomorrow in the cupboard, but I don't think my Gamefair has a rear pocket. A number of versions exist I think though, including an older unlined version too, so maybe these may have.....
Have you looked at the Barbour Mark Phillips coat, which had a fold out waterproof flap, but if I remember rightly, it is to the front, for use when riding? Maybe it could be altered to create a seat.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but as soon as I saw Barbour I had to look!

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Regular_Caster wrote: Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but as soon as I saw Barbour I had to look!
No need to apologies Sir, despite "only" having two Barbour Jackets I do own Barbour socks, gloves, caps. :Hat:

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

They do make some great items indeed. I have a nice pair of finger-less woolen gloves from them in a nice muted green, made in Scotland, perfect for fishing in the colder months when needing to do fiddly tasks.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

My Gamefair doesn't have a rear pocket.

What was the really light jacket they made that had no lining and which rolled up into a pouch?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Beresford wrote:My Gamefair doesn't have a rear pocket.

What was the really light jacket they made that had no lining and which rolled up into a pouch?
Possibly the Durham?

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”