The Welland

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

The Welland

Post by AshbyCut »

Already owning two booklets from the 'Angling Times' series ('Angling in Gravel Pits' and 'Hemp Seed Fishing,' both by Alan Pearson). I couldn't resist "Fishing Famous Rivers - The Welland" by Peter Tombleson ... especially as it seems to have special reference to swing tip fishing.

Oh heavens ... I feel a 'collect the set' urge coming on. :Brickwall:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AndyPop
Silver Bream

Re: The Welland

Post by AndyPop »

Ideal method for the Welland. I remember fishing a club match on the sailing club stretch aged
15 about 1990. Spent the whole 5hrs on the swing tip after balling in about 4lb of groundball! 5 fish, including 3 small perch for 15lb!

Very nice book!
"Carpe Diem" does not mean "fish of the day."

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

I bought these two last year.

I suspect that currently none of the Somerset rivers look quite like the one in the cover photo :Cry:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

McFairy

Post by McFairy »

Careful AC

I started with a copy of the Fens 18 months ago and thought it was a delightful little book, a couple more purchases later and the completist in me kicked in and now I'm having to collect the set.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Too late, I think, McFairy ... we'll have to make sure we're not bidding against each other ! :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Pyrethrum5
Dace

Post by Pyrethrum5 »

McFairy wrote:Careful AC

I started with a copy of the Fens 18 months ago and thought it was a delightful little book, a couple more purchases later and the completist in me kicked in and now I'm having to collect the set.

Lovely collection. The 'completist' in me is trying hard not to covet your stash :drool:
I saw the rod plunging away as if the devil had taken it” – Bernard Venables (1957)

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”