The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Aitch
Pike

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by Aitch »

:Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by AllRounder »

A very enjoyable morning at Redditch after a long lay off I managed to say hello to quite a few of our TFF regulars, many apologies if I missed you.
Already looking forward to the next one.

Well done Mr Andrews :Hat:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

What a great morning! I sold most of the items I took, ( 11 out of 15 rods and 3 out of 3 reels) together with all of the ten spring balances that I took (to one buyer) I also purchased a lovely Hardy Wallis centre pin reel and a nice Oliver's of Knebworth 12ft two piece fibreglass carp rod, both of which are not easy to find! Meeting more TFF members than ever before was great too, Old Man River, Old Rod, Pallenpool, Bob Brooks, Snape, Wagtail, Eric W, Beechmere Lake, Wanderer, Caneforme, Jeremy Croxall, Barbelbonce, James, special thanks to John Andrews, (Arcadia) , plus I shared tables and the return journey with my friend Fredline! Apologies to anyone I met but left out but didn't mention, at my age I have done well to remember that much :Hahaha: After having had Covid and been so low, this was the perfect way to get all of my enthusiasm back. Thank you to everyone for making today so worthwhile! :Hat:
Last edited by Lea Dweller on Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

A really enjoyable morning. It felt like a return to normality. I only bought one item, a nice DAM Quick 330 reel, but there was certainly plenty to look at. Highlight for me was a chat with John Bailey.

Many thanks to John Andrews for making this happen. Role on May!

EricW
Perch

Post by EricW »

Nice to meet you too Lea Dweller. Managed to keep my hand in my pocket in the end. Another time who knows. My first visit, met some lovely people and looking forward to returning in May already. :Hat:
These are the Golden Years. Don't waste them.

Here are some of our fishing films that you may enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUkLb ... -bz8H_vr7A

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Likewise, myself and ‘Thora’ had a very enjoyable time, there was a lot of interest in my nets,some sold and more ordered along with orders for custom made tackle boxes , and some rod repairs too , so I will have projects in the coming months , rods, reels and smaller items were also very popular, the car was considerably lighter returning home than going !

It was very nice meeting fellow TFF members some known and more who I can now put a face to… I also managed to secure myself a TFF badge which I proudly wear on my waistcoat , so many thanks to Deaf Cat .

I must admit I am the worlds worst at remembering names , so I apologise if I may have seen a bit lacking in that dept.

I may well see everybody again in the future…

This was the first Tackle fair I have visited , and I must say it was so very well organised and laid out, to be recommemded to all !

Many thanks to John for his hard work in organising this event .

David.
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Caneforme
Grayling

Post by Caneforme »

What a fantastic time Sue and I had. A HUGE thank you to John for organising this event.

This was our first ever Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair, it certainly will not be our last. It was very well organised and laid out, every one was really friendly and the stuff on sale, OMG, amazing. Very high quality every where. Sue was supposed to keep a tight hand on my wallet but she kept telling me to buy stuff!!!!

It was great to meet Barbleseeker, Banksy, Lea Dweller, Old Man River (what an amazing craftsman he is), Old Rod and Shropshire Lad plus other folk whose names I can not remember.

I did not spend to much but I did get a couple of bargains.

A wonderful creel for when I am stalking or river fishing so I do not risk getting my basket wet/muddy.
4 gorgeous shot holders and a superb disgorger.
A very smooth operating Hardy Altex N02 Mk IIII fir an absolute bargain price.

John :)

Last edited by Caneforme on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Arcadia
Ruffe

Post by Arcadia »

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen

It was fantastic to be able to stage the fair again and all that went with it. I appreciate the kind words of thanks, which I must reciprocate in thanking all those who stalled out, came through the door and made the fair such a great event. The next one is on Sunday 15th May 2022 and I look forward to your good company then.

John

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

I am glad the creel went to a good home and it is going to be used

Steve Middleton

Caneforme
Grayling

Post by Caneforme »

TraditionalAngling wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:00 pm I am glad the creel went to a good home and it is going to be used

Steve Middleton
Thank you Steve,

I was torn between the 3 you had, they were all in great condition.

John :)
This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”