Peter Stone Ledgerstrike

The Chapmans Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Peter Stone ledgerstrike

Post by AshbyCut »

Excellent, Sir. I hope it will be a long and happy relationship.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Mark you will not be disappointed they are superb rods hope you will put a bend in it soon.
Bumble

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Mark wrote:I would like to say a big thank you to Paul Cook who has been so very kind in tracking down a Chapman Peter Stone Ledgerstrike rod for me, a rod that I have dearly wanted to own for a very long time. I should take delivery this coming week and can't wait to give it a try for some local chub or whatever may happen to come along.

Welcome to 'The Stoney Legerstrike Appreciation Society', Mark :cheers: . As the honourable Bumble wisely states, they are indeed fine wands. Enjoy yours in good health, my friend. And, well done Paul, in helping locate a good 'un for a fellow TFF'er :Hat:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Thank you for the kind comments chaps.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Lucky Boy :Hat:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

COR! That looks nice Mark, can we have some more pictures when it turns up please? :Hat:

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Looks a very nice rod.... but please no pictures as I cannot add anymore to the wish list :Hide:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Paul D wrote:COR! That looks nice Mark, can we have some more pictures when it turns up please? :Hat:
Will do Paul, sorry Chevin. :Chuckle:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

My thanks goes to Dave Burr who pointed out to me a Peter Stone Ledgerstrike for sale and having met the seller on Friday last a mutually agreeable deal was done and I now find myself the very proud owner of one of these fine rods.

I will try and post a couple of photos later in the week once I have mastered my new digital camera complete with its 30 pages of instructions!!!.

The Ledgerstrike I have acquired varies from Mark's in that I believe it is a late one with black whippings to the rings, the butt ring is agate lined and tip ring is I think white porcelain lined. There are no intermediate ties, the reel bands are black and the cork handle has no butt rubber but is finished with a flared corking as per my Chapmans 550.

My Ledgerstrike is completed with a rubber type ferrule stopper similar to those provided by Chapmans when they restored my 550 and the green rod bag with Chapmans logo.

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

PershoreHarrier wrote:My thanks goes to Dave Burr who pointed out to me a Peter Stone Ledgerstrike for sale and having met the seller on Friday last a mutually agreeable deal was done and I now find myself the very proud owner of one of these fine rods.

I will try and post a couple of photos later in the week once I have mastered my new digital camera complete with its 30 pages of instructions!!!.

The Ledgerstrike I have acquired varies from Mark's in that I believe it is a late one with black whippings to the rings, the butt ring is agate lined and tip ring is I think white porcelain lined. There are no intermediate ties, the reel bands are black and the cork handle has no butt rubber but is finished with a flared corking as per my Chapmans 550.

My Ledgerstrike is completed with a rubber type ferrule stopper similar to those provided by Chapmans when they restored my 550 and the green rod bag with Chapmans logo.
That sounds very much like the 'New Look' version described in the Tom Watson catalogue, no intermediates, rubber button etc, PH.

And, 'well done that man', on the acquisition :Hat: , I'm sure you'll love it.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”