The New Owner of Redmire?

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: The New Owner of Redmire?

Post by Snape »

Mark wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:01 pm I have sent him a PM I wonder if he will reply or will we have to wait until next week, I think so.
Likewise I emailed him.
I would be surprised but you never know. I originally heard that the Richardson family wanted to sell the house and estate but keep the pool for historic reasons. Maybe if the right minded person came along they would sell it knowing it would be preserved....
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Gents, I was in touch with the owners (Kim) just yesterday... They haven't even decided whether to sell the estate in one lot or to sell the pool separately as a second lot.... It is planned to go to the market in May. Any speculation about it is just that...

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Skeff wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:43 am Gents, I was in touch with the owners (Kim) just yesterday... They haven't even decided whether to sell the estate in one lot or to sell the pool separately as a second lot.... It is planned to go to the market in May. Any speculation about it is just that...
Lets just hope it ends up in safe hands so to speak. I honestly can't see it being Fennel, I'm sure it's all coinsidence.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Skeff wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:43 am Gents, I was in touch with the owners (Kim) just yesterday... They haven't even decided whether to sell the estate in one lot or to sell the pool separately as a second lot.... It is planned to go to the market in May. Any speculation about it is just that...
That's cleared that one up, thanks Skeff......... as you were gentlemen :read:

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

This is off the top of my head but isn't the subject very interested in "wild carp" and possibly referring to the project to move "wild carp" stock to some pond or other? Possibly what was being referred to?

(can't be bothered to check)

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Very good point that. Doesn't one of the Welsh waters that holds the only pure original stock? Think CY wrote about this in Casting at the Sun. It's not something I know anything about though.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Beresford wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:41 am Very good point that. Doesn't one of the Welsh waters that holds the only pure original stock? Think CY wrote about this in Casting at the Sun. It's not something I know anything about though.
Your flattery induced me to look further:

http://www.fennelspriory.com/books/journal/wild-carp

I think some enthusiasts have acquired the use of a pond to act as a reserve for the sacred wild carp. Very distant faded recollection of CY's reference too.

The wild carp writing looks quite interesting. There was an article in Classic Angling (no idea if this is still being produced) about the quest for wild carp.

Fascinating stuff.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Beresford wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:41 am Very good point that. Doesn't one of the Welsh waters that holds the only pure original stock? Think CY wrote about this in Casting at the Sun. It's not something I know anything about though.

I think you mean the Dderw. Chris used to love fishing the water and said it was a magical place, then in his own words "Some idiot went and stocked it with King carp". I know the water well and it is now syndicated, still a lovely secluded water without rubbish etc but home to king and wildies now.

The only two lakes left with pure wildies are Llyn Gwyn and Pant-y-Llyn. How long for? Who knows?

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Classic Angling was run by Keith Elliot and it has a website.

Return to “Redmire Pool”