does any body else collect leather bound books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mario
Eel

Re: does any body else collect leather bound books

Post by Mario »

I have only been collecting a few years leatherbound books but I very much enjoy them now I only wish I bought some more of the medlar ones as they are very nice ans not to expensive

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Barbulus wrote:Colonel - that has got to be quite simply one of - actually the - best ever collections of leather bound fishing books I have ever seen. A true delight to see the photographs Sir that you have posted of your book collection. I am in total admiration. Thankyou for sharing that collection.

I regret that my own "Ikea" bookshelf "mish-mash" while providing me pleasure in reading does not warrant any photograph. "Hats Off !"
Thank you kindly, Barbulus.

Your Ikea comment is astute, my friend, as the wall to wall bookshelf/cupboard arrangement in the study is indeed supplied by that very company, 'Billy' is the design I believe, and it serves me handsomely too :Thumb:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

that book is very nice book cant understand why they have had to reduce the price of the hardback they must of printed too many as it is pure quality may be its because there normal books are all carp based books and that's what there customers want

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

Some superb photos being posted in this thread :Hat:

As the Colonel said earlier, you just can't beat the feel and smell of a good leather-bound book.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Colonel Sir, You've unwittingly just given my heart palpitations and made my eyes pop out of my head. What a fabulous collection, you are without doubt a very lucky man to own such finery.

I'm now about to enter into slumber and dream that your book collection is on the shelves in my den. We can but dream and hope it will one day become reality.

Lovely collection Sir. :Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Superb collections for sure, enough to make one weep with envy.

My humble collection extends to only two books, and the only reason I have them is because I'm in them. One I wrote and the other I have two chapters in. Oh, and little Jessica has her own one too...

Jessica owns the brown one (left)...

Wilow Pitch 2
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Handsome volumes, SK, beautifully bound. You must be justifiably proud of your work :clap: . I'm smitten enough to add one to my birthday list.....fingers crossed :Beg:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Thank you Colonel. And yes, I think most anglers aspire to one day write a book, so I couldn't be prouder. :Thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Being a humble manual worker my funds do not run to leather bound books.... I have a couple of first editions that my lovely wife bought for me a few years back, but I'd have to say, appealing though leather-bound may be, the wrapping is not so appealing as the contents.... for me a book is all about the words therein, hence an ordinary hardback will fulfill my needs, even a paperback or kindle version.... the wrapping doesn't enhance or diminish the words and sentiment...!

Nice to have.... but not totally necessary :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Tyke Fisherman

Post by Tyke Fisherman »

Bluelabel wrote:Being a humble manual worker my funds do not run to leather bound books.... I have a couple of first editions that my lovely wife bought for me a few years back, but I'd have to say, appealing though leather-bound may be, the wrapping is not so appealing as the contents.... for me a book is all about the words therein, hence an ordinary hardback will fulfill my needs, even a paperback or kindle version.... the wrapping doesn't enhance or diminish the words and sentiment...!

Nice to have.... but not totally necessary :Hat:
I'm guessing you ride a moped rather than an expensive motorbike? It will get you from A to B and it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”