Milward's Featherlite 10ft 6in

The Milwards Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Milward's Featherlite 10ft 6in

Post by AshbyCut »

This one has been rewhipped at some time Nobby, Sir. Having cut the first guide off the black actually is black, and not dark blue that has become black. I'll simply rewhip the 3 rings on the centre section in black for now, but will probably do a complete rebuild over next winter ... or this weekend, as it's now know, having seen this mornings weather forecast !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Swythyn Troutbeck
Grayling

Post by Swythyn Troutbeck »

At last I have seen another 10'6 Featherlight!

I bought one years ago and have been feeling uneasy about it as I have only ever years of the longer versions. Hoorah!

I think you're going to love this rod AC. I do mine. It's so incredibly light and perfectly balanced with a Trudex or Rapidex and looks quite the thing...black reels and black whips are very smart.

Absolutely lovely Gudgeon rod and a delight for small to average Roach. I love mine to bits.

Troutbeck
When I'm not fishin' I'm fettlin'

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Swythyn Troutbeck wrote:At last I have seen another 10'6 Featherlight!

I bought one years ago and have been feeling uneasy about it as I have only ever years of the longer versions. Hoorah!

I think you're going to love this rod AC. I do mine. It's so incredibly light and perfectly balanced with a Trudex or Rapidex and looks quite the thing...black reels and black whips are very smart.

Absolutely lovely Gudgeon rod and a delight for small to average Roach. I love mine to bits.

Troutbeck
Glad to have been instrumental in soothing your unease, Sir. Gudgeon and roach are the aim, and I'll be using my Intrepid "Match" and "Prince Regent" as the centrepin and fixed spool reels of choice with this rod.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

MGs wrote:
PershoreHarrier wrote:
AshbyCut wrote:I slipped a bid in at the starting price of £24.99 last night, and woke up this morning to find I was the only bidder. Not everyone's choice of rod, I know, as they were apparently sold with Milward's advice not to catch anything big on them, but at that price (even if it needs new guides) it will go nicely with my smaller 'Intrepids' for stillwater roaching and the like. More pictures when it arrives.
Brilliant advice from the manufacturer 'not to catch anything big' - I reckon I could cope with that requirement. I have just had my Alcocks Viking restored and the advice I received was similar - but what a lovely canal roach rod and many congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy it.
I have a similar problem with my Allcocks Holdwell, finding waters where I can use it is tricky

Never been a problem for me MG as I have the ability to fish any water that contains only specimens and still catch the one and only 2 oz. roach that lives there and nothing else.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”