Traditional Fishing Bags

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Scott
Tench

Re: Traditional Fishing Bags

Post by Scott »

These are a bit tasty... ..the factory is near me and they have a factory shop, I can see myself visiting real soon...

http://www.chapmanbags.com/rod-and-gun/ ... ck-14.html

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Have a gander at these, sir. My favourite fishing bag; it'll take a sandwich................or, more likely, a whole darned picnic :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Brady ... 151wt_1382

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRADY-CONWAY- ... 812wt_1382

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Although they are nice I'd rather spend that amount of cash on a MKIV carp or avon and use a sainsburys carrier bag
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Loop Erimder wrote:Although they are nice I'd rather spend that amount of cash on a MKIV carp or avon and use a sainsburys carrier bag
Or you could really push the boat out and use one of these:

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

At least its green
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

I have to say that I like my Jack Pyke bag. The straps are proper leather, the canvas bits are canvas and it's just 'proper'. I tend to use it a lot when I go out and want to carry a book with me (99.9 times out of a 100). So it does get used a lot. Mind you, I do love that bag on the train :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

For the price those Jack Pyke bags are way out in front of the rest, though Shakespeare, as always, do some splendid bags too.

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

I was bought a barbour game bag a few years ago - and very ice it is too - but when I tried to buy the rubber insert (the bag had the poppers to accept one) I was met with a blank stare - apparently nobody actually uses them as game bags anymore so they don't sell the inserts! I also have a Chapman rucksack - bought a few years ago now before vintage rucksacks were available in every High St shop - and love it to bits: for a longer yomp to the riverbank its the bag for me! Now if only I could find someone to make Kelly Kettle bags out of canvas - you know with slots for the kettle, milk and sugar etc. - for less than the ridiculous prices I've been quoted so far.....

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I bet you could.....if you spoke Chinese ,Jim. I do happen to know a chap with a Distinction in the language from Cambridge, but he's off gap-yearing it in Siberia for the next few months.

Kids, huh?

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

The VFC wrote: Now if only I could find someone to make Kelly Kettle bags out of canvas - you know with slots for the kettle, milk and sugar etc. - for less than the ridiculous prices I've been quoted so far.....
Hi Jim - I wonder if this sort of thing could be adapted for a Kelly? Back in the '70s when I was doing a lot of camping, I remember using a similar bag I was given by a friend who worked in a bank to carry my Camping Gaz stove. No separate compartments of course...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Hea ... 0759092585

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”