The CEMEX lakes

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Gurn
Chub

Re: The CEMEX lakes

Post by Gurn »

I will happily pay whatever it takes for a bit of peace and solitude. Fortunately, I've only spent £115 on tickets this year. Though it did take me 22 years to get on to my syndicate.

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

I was sorry to see CEMEX go under after being a member in their various guises since the late 60's as Leisure Sports (Halls Agrements) to RMC and finally CEMEX. The Yateley complex, Frimley, Burghfield Lake, the Kennet at Burghfield and the Loddon at Twyford hold fond memories.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Got a feeling Farnham AS have some of the CEMEX waters now. At Ringwood Ringwood DAA have Rockford and the Roach Pit is syndicate.

Red Creel

Post by Red Creel »

Burghfield big lake the ajoining Blue Pool and the nearby stretch of the Kennet are now owned by an outfit by the name of Advanced Angling.Have no idea of the cost of the big pit or the Kennet but i understand the Blue Pool will still be run on a £100 exclusive use basis for 24 hours.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Ah well - they made me redundant a couple of years ago. Post was CEMEX Angling Conservation Manager for 17 years from Leisure Sport Angling - RMC Angling - CEMEX Angling. Only 1 angling employee left now! I managed all the waters in the old Guide book. So what do you all need to know?

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Olly wrote:Ah well - they made me redundant a couple of years ago. Post was CEMEX Angling Conservation Manager for 17 years from Leisure Sport Angling - RMC Angling - CEMEX Angling. Only 1 angling employee left now! I managed all the waters in the old Guide book. So what do you all need to know?
Must have been an interesting post Olly, I heard a lot about what happened from 'I W'
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Mmm! Yes it was - with many changes during my 'stay'.

Bluedun

Post by Bluedun »

Strikes me as something of a ripoff. There must be plenty of club waters with big carp in, such is their popularity these days. £500 would buy you some good chalkstream flyfishing, a much scarcer commodity.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I pay almost £650 per annum for an all year round river syndicate - trout/salmon/sea-trout & carp/bream/chub/barbel/roach etc

A Gold Permit for all CEMEX water cost around £1500 before most waters were sold. Many carpers were collectors of named fish - TH caught it so I want it as well. Hence the number of anglers willing to pay! 50+lb carp + 100 lb catfish + loads of other big fish!

Personally I enjoy peace & quiet when fishing and would prefer to pay for that - whatever the cost - preferably as cheap as possible!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

you can get peace and quit in natural suroundings for a lot less and i perfer to catch fish that have no names and are true wild fish such as you can get from a river such as the lower severn or teme

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”