The Myth on Kindle

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Tomglum
Bleak

Re: The Myth on Kindle

Post by Tomglum »

LuckyLuca wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with either of these books. Any chance someone could elaborate please?
The Keeper is a follow on to The Myth,both good,but The Keeper has the edge for me.....they are books about the parallel lives of an angler,and a carp..I think you need to read the Myth first,to get the best from the second book.
Tim

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Both books are excellent and a fine read.
Heartily recommended

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

well written and I enjoyed it.

The last third "lost" me a bit as the story came up to date with politics,named fish,drink etc etc- but unfortunately that seems to be what modern carp fishing is

glad we have this forum to retreat to!

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I had problems getting into the book and didn't think I'd like it after the first few pages (sorry Jenks) gladly though I gave it a chance and now after reading 20% of the book I'm thoroughly enjoying it and will definitely be buying (the keeper) next. It gets much better after the first few pages.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I found both utterly brilliant.... I have both in hardback.... I might download them for the sake of portability
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

2 great stories, liked the second better. What I love about fiction is that it takes you on a journey away from your regular world like a holiday for the mind, and when the fiction is about your favourite subject - well you can't top that. These books do this brilliantly. I would recommend them both.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Jenks

Post by Jenks »

GregF wrote:2 great stories, liked the second better. What I love about fiction is that it takes you on a journey away from your regular world like a holiday for the mind, and when the fiction is about your favourite subject - well you can't top that. These books do this brilliantly. I would recommend them both.
Thanks for that chaps. Glad you persevered, Kingfisher, I hope you enjoy the rest of it. Just to let you know that a third, and final book will be out by the end of the year. The seeds are all there, some have taken root, all I need to do is fertilise them, and you all know I'm full of sh....... :Wink:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”