Go to Loch fly?

General fly fishing chat area.
Ian
Eel

Re: Go to Loch fly?

Post by Ian »

Blae and black has always done well on any Scottish waters even though it's a river fly.A butcher does well too.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Argyll Trout Fisher wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:15 am Kate McLaren is the go to fly for me!
A good friend of mine fly fishes in the Highlands regularly and reckons on Kate McClaren Muddlers. He's given me several to try. Have booked to go up again the last two weeks of July and I'll be wild camping again. Personally, I think I must be crazy as I'm not sure how I'll do that long away alone in the wilderness. But I'll have to catch to eat as I will not be able to take enough food with me! :Chuckle:
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

I have fished the Orkney lochs quite often and had a lot of success with mini muddlers. Also silver invicta and midge patterns, depending on weather. For large wild trout my best -a 5 pounder- came to a Humongous, Potters Palmer is another good fly. But casting these is a pain if you are a poor caster like me...

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Bobby Marlene wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:16 pm I have fished the Orkney lochs quite often and had a lot of success with mini muddlers. Also silver invicta and midge patterns, depending on weather. For large wild trout my best -a 5 pounder- came to a Humongous, Potters Palmer is another good fly. But casting these is a pain if you are a poor caster like me...
My friend fishes a mini humungous after dark for the bigger trout and has lots of success. I have a couple to try.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “General Fly Chat”