Rod Bags from a golden age (i.e 60s and 70s)

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Re: Rod Bags from a golden age (i.e 60s and 70s)

Post by Kevanf1 »

Did anything ever come of looking into having some of these classic style rod holdalls made?
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Not heard any more. I had a look into purchasing some leather and canvas to make a roll up type and the cost wasn't too prohibitive. I just haven't had time to get it done
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Many moons ago Steve Middleton had some manufactured under the Traditional Angling Products (TAP) banner. They were excellent being better made & a little longer than the Efgeeco ones to take a Mk4. They weren't cheap at £150 but have never been bettered.

With deals struck at the time with Steve, I have ended up with 2 of them and one has never seen a bankside. If anyone is interested, just ask!
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

I have got to be honest and say that I can fully understand them costing that much. They would be expensive to produce by hand and then, of course, Steve would need to make something out of them for himself; he's in business after all. However, again being totally honest, I'd rather take my rods in their normal bags than pay that much for a holdall. I'll pass it over to somebody with a better bank balance :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”