A Traditional Landing Net Handle

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Robbi
Tench

Re: A Traditional Landing Net Handle

Post by Robbi »

in every way..........outstanding !

NN you have a wonderful gift Sir.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

On another level it is a truly beautiful piece of work.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Please tell me it will be used and abused, art like that should be seen in action by those fortunate to stroll by rather than live in a case. In my humble opinion of course. How incredible is that photograph going to look with a large fish in its striking winter colours laid alongside?
Front cover material surely.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Oh good gosh that's dapper indeed
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Shaun
I can 100 % assure you that it will be used and abused. I shall leave it a couple of days in its pristine, virginal state, before deploying it to the purpose for which it is made. Were you to look at the usual tackle I have, you will see a James MKIV held at the ferrules with black electrical tape to stop the tip flying off, a landing net partially "whipped" with electrical tape, three Mitchells held together with on a wing a prayer that grind marvellously, a rucksack that I have despised for twenty years with a mouse hole in it, another MKIV with a distinctive bend, another with a delightful delanination and so it goes......I love them all.....but will allow myself a couple of days' "grace" before I use this.....a photograph in Autmnal colour is I think a must. Anyone have a decent camera for a magazine front cover of a traditional Autumnal fishing day ?

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

What a wonderful looking thing. The colour is beautiful and the finish is superb. I can just imagine the time and effort that has gone into making something so lovely. Very well done Neil. :Hat:

Matthew you are a very lucky lad and I totally agree with Shaun, those photos are going to look stunning.

Wal.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Barbulus wrote:Shaun
I can 100 % assure you that it will be used and abused. I shall leave it a couple of days in its pristine, virginal state, before deploying it to the purpose for which it is made. Were you to look at the usual tackle I have, you will see a James MKIV held at the ferrules with black electrical tape to stop the tip flying off, a landing net partially "whipped" with electrical tape, three Mitchells held together with on a wing a prayer that grind marvellously, a rucksack that I have despised for twenty years with a mouse hole in it, another MKIV with a distinctive bend, another with a delightful delanination and so it goes......I love them all.....but will allow myself a couple of days' "grace" before I use this.....a photograph in Autmnal colour is I think a must. Anyone have a decent camera for a magazine front cover of a traditional Autumnal fishing day ?
So good to hear, I'm sure their are plenty of decent cameras out there, I have shot a fair few cover pictures over the years and I see anglers with far better cameras than myself. It is more down to capturing the right moment from the right angle and being aware of every corner of the picture than the actual camera.

Oh yes, most people forget to turn their camera upright to fit a front cover. You just need to know the normal format of whichever magazine you are targeting, most have their own standard style where you may need to allow a few inches at the top for them to add their magazine title, a bit of space on the side for the price etc and a bit at the bottom without hiding the main part of the picture.

Another thought and an easier one to achieve is simply a very pleasant and heart warming picture with the view to putting it in a nice frame somewhere in the house.

Perhaps we should all chip in to fund a complete net and then hand it from member to member and see what we can come up with between us. A TFF commissioned net to do the rounds similar to the DAM reel and handed from member to member after a day out and about together. This gets people meeting and fishing but with perhaps a month gap between for them to try and get that special picture before meeting up with the next angler...

Well, it was an idea for the ideal world. Not sure if we live in that one though. :cheers:

CrayCane
Chub

Post by CrayCane »

That looks superb. Beautiful work NN.

Swythyn Troutbeck
Grayling

Post by Swythyn Troutbeck »

All that is best upon this earth. Skill, creativity, dedication, beauty and generosity. I drool.

Troutbeck :Hat:
When I'm not fishin' I'm fettlin'

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

That is a truly lovely handle Matt, almost as good as the one I have, made by Wal :Chuckle:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”