Barder 25 year anniversary

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Barder 25 year anniversary

Post by Snape »

Bumble wrote:CWK I could not agree more I have 3 of AJ'S rods and 5 of Mr Baders all are of sublime quality but as you say the difference is the price is substantial and many would question why.
As for the Kennet Perfection I assume Edwards is built on the BJames tapers however personally I think the Ted Oliver taper for his Kennet Perfection is far superior.
Just my thoughts.
Bumble
No Bumble, it is the Ted Oliver taper he is using.
Edward is considering raising his prices again. :shocked: His order books are full...
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Snape wrote:
Bumble wrote:CWK I could not agree more I have 3 of AJ'S rods and 5 of Mr Baders all are of sublime quality but as you say the difference is the price is substantial and many would question why.
As for the Kennet Perfection I assume Edwards is built on the BJames tapers however personally I think the Ted Oliver taper for his Kennet Perfection is far superior.
Just my thoughts.
Bumble
No Bumble, it is the Ted Oliver taper he is using.
Edward is considering raising his prices again. :shocked: His order books are full...
Fair play to Edward if people are prepared to pay a premium for one of his rods ... However , my feeling is as stated above , and for the record Andrew also has a full order book.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Ah that's good Snape at least i have good taste.
Bumble

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Any reason why he chose that particular rod? Is it because it was the first he made commercially?

Lots of lucky rich people out there for sure. In a few weeks time I shall be going to a classic car show and no doubt will get even more of a sense of there being lots of lucky rich people around.

Barbulus – may I ask about the car and the £3K brake upgrade? Tell us more, or PM : )
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

PM on its way !

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Beresford wrote:Any reason why he chose that particular rod? Is it because it was the first he made commercially?
I didn't ask although I know it is one of his favourites. He once (a long time ago) made one for himself and took it to a fair with CY helping out.
Edward went to get a coffee and returned to a beaming CY holding a wad of cash. Edward asked him what he had sold and was devastated to discover that Chris has sold his personal Kennet Perfection because he had forgotten to tell him it wasn't for sale but just an example of Edward's work.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Ooops!

Dare I ask – are you one of the 21 committed souls?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Beresford wrote:Ooops!

Dare I ask – are you one of the 21 committed souls?
No! :Hide: This year I bought a Barder reel, a Barder MKIV avon and a Barder MKIV carp as well as the Andrew Davis Allrounder - I'm broke! :Hahaha:

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Snape - if you fish Bernithan this year with those beautiful rods - and they are stunning I agree wholeheartedly - do please be very very careful there. If only they knew.......

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Barbulus wrote:Snape - if you fish Bernithan this year with those beautiful rods - and they are stunning I agree wholeheartedly - do please be very very careful there. If only they knew.......
Sadly I think my days of fishing the hallowed pool have come to an end...

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”