Honorary Vice President

Re: Identifying Leney's

Post by Dave Burr »

I'm not far from Shropshire :Confused: :Sun:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

AndyD wrote:Sorry about that - it did read a bit like a petulant child shouting "look at me, look at me!"

I think you'd have like them SK, as they were both caught on the magic golden grains. Top one was 17lb ish and the bottom one was 21lb. My question of origin stems from the fact that they were both caught from old (200yr+) estate lakes. The lakes have not been stocked, and the bottom lake has never been coarse fished until this year (how lucky am I!?). There has always been a rumour that the fish in the top lake were from Mr Leney, but no-one has any idea where the fish in the bottom lake came from.

If you ever find yourself in Shropshire, let me know and I'm sure I can arrange a visit.
Sounds delightful, I'll be in touch, sir. :Hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Mmmm....... about to start work on a job in Shropshire :whistle:
Best Fishes
Mushy

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Mushy wrote:Mmmm....... about to start work on a job in Shropshire :whistle:
Oi, get your own new best friend!!! :club:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Ha ha, the race is on again !!
Best Fishes
Mushy

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Hello

- Sorry! Not be around much lately.... I do have the Leney stock books here at home as Shaun suggests. pm the location and club/owner if you know Andy and I'll see what I can find. It all takes a really long time I'm afraid due to the nature of the records - I am still searching for waters known to have been stocked by Leney some two years after having been asked by a number of anglers.

Several Shropshire records I know of already from the records but kept rather quiet by those fishing them, so I don't like to publicise..... Not many areas of the country that Leney didn't stock in fact!

Regards
Skeff

CaneAndAble
Ruffe

Post by CaneAndAble »

Hi Andy

Its Lee here ! , my dad and I met you at Redmire a couple of weeks ago .
Hope your well ? I am sure he has been busy is there any chance if you get time you could send the pictures of the 21lb common that was caught .
Very best wishes

Lee

AndyD
Minnow

Post by AndyD »

Image A few replies to be had here.

Firstly, to SK and Mushy, I am all forms of bribery, gifts, flattery etc in the race to be my new best friend! Like the top end of Redmire, I am very shallow! lol

Seriously, I'll see what I can do if people fancy a trip to Shropshire. I should be able to sort something for a small group.

And hello Lee, yes it was me you met at Redmire. I shall chastise Ben and get him to sort out the pics for you if he hasn't already. Can you pm me your email address as me may well have lost it.

We both managed a "twenty" on the Wednesday afternoon, and one of the lads who took over from you had one on Friday morning. I also lost one at the net on Friday morning as well and missing a few screaming runs. I think more fishing and less dreaming would have helped!

AndyD
Minnow

Post by AndyD »

Image Ben.s mirro 21lb 15oz. Excuse the decapitation, but I haven't got his consent to post it.

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

AndyD wrote:Image Ben.s mirro 21lb 15oz. Excuse the decapitation, but I haven't got his consent to post it.

Hi there ,the fish being held is very similar to Shillamill carp in Cornwall......all my pics though are on 35mm sadly..All I know is Shillamill was stocked in the mid to late 1970s and was owned at the time by a Mr Facey...from Lanreath,nr Liskeard.....I would love to find the origins of the Shillamill fish................

:fish: regards W1

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”