Post by MaggotDrowner »

Well done, Hexpin. Lovely fish!
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Hexapin
Bleak

Re: Sussex Ouse Common

Post by Hexapin »

RBTraditional wrote:Excellent stuff Hex, very well done! I love fishing rivers for carp, tench and barbel, well off the beaten track,often never see anyone else, I'm targeting an area on the upper Medway at the mo for some big old berties that have probably never seen a hook.......you just never know do you? The mystery and the magic...........just brilliant!
Absolutely agree with you. A seemingly impossibly fast and shallow stream, a dark pool under a tree, who knows what lurks beneath. Im realiably informed there is a upper 6lb chub in this same stretch of the ouse. That would be something....

I have a marco medway. I would love to try it out on the medway. That seems to be my thing now. Fishing rivers with their namesake rod. Going to fish the kennett as soon as i get my kennett perfection back from refurb.

Hexapin
Bleak

Post by Hexapin »

RBTraditional wrote:Excellent stuff Hex, very well done! I love fishing rivers for carp, tench and barbel, well off the beaten track,often never see anyone else, I'm targeting an area on the upper Medway at the mo for some big old berties that have probably never seen a hook.......you just never know do you? The mystery and the magic...........just brilliant!
Rb, i was looking at the map of the medway, it flows much further west than i realised through a number of places i know well and in fact a small stream i used to fish when i was young on the ashdown forest. Some chub in there.
Roughly what area of the medway are you focussing on?

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Lovely river Carp Hex.

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”