The Colonel's Christmas Treat

The Other Reels forum.
BlackSheep

Re: The Colonel's Christmas Treat

Post by BlackSheep »

What a lovely reel Colonel, i am truly envious!

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Macko wrote:Hi Colonelgsc,
was that the reel you put on Ebay, only i have a 2031 CL and the reel seat was exactly as yours was.
I missed the auction ending on that reel as i wanted to make a bid, but missed out. Was it worth getting the handle
fixed as i was thinking of giving GM a call myself, the reel still fits on my rods but that little downturn really p*sses
me off. I purchased mine off Ebay as MINT but when it arrived and i saw that, i felt like sending it back, as i thought
it had been dropped but seeing yours made me think it may have been a small batch of the reel seat.

Affirmative, Macko. The reel is the very same and Garry whipped the old reel seat off in a trice, plucked a new one from his secret supply, slid it in place and tightened two screws. A final spray with fairy dust and a deft squeeze of Mill tackle reel oil, job's a good 'un and the 2031 CL's mint again..................think I'll keep her now as she's such a lovely 'pin; although I'd not noticed the minor deformity until an eagle-eyed ebayer pointed it out.
Apologies for the delay in responding, my friend; been out enjoying some winter roach during this mild spell.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Hi colonel, i will be giving Gary a call in the close season to see if he can fix mine, he's a true gentleman. I have one of his Barbel Catcher reels which he swapped for my Shaun Linsley
Perfection Carp rod. If ever you decide to part with your 2031CL please keep me in mind.

Return to “Other Reels”