Efgeeco Tackle bag

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Bluedun

Re: Efgeeco Tackle bag

Post by Bluedun »

I remember seeing anglers with these bags years ago. I had a small Efgeeco box that postdated them - a small green affair with rubber feet and hardboard seat. I think I threw it away. Then I had a traditional basket which I used for a long time before deciding it was daft to carry all that weight around. Since then I've used a rucksack.

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

TemeLAD wrote:That's very tidy Merlot - is it a waxed canvas fabric with leather trim?
I'm guessing the strap is leather but the trim is some sort of plastic?

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

The body is of the canvas which has been impregnated, not waxed, to re-enforce it, the strap and fittings are leather, the trim is a leatherette/plastic. The top of the bag has been re-enforced with a support which slides in. I`ve had two of these bags, and from memory, I think they were both described as a fly fishermans bag.

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Merlot wrote:I discovered this topic late and its titled Efgeeco Tackle bag, I thought I`d show my example

Hi Merlot, :hat:
nice bag! What are it's dimensions?

I now only carry a half empty, weather beaten, 20+ year old Barbour waxed (and re-proofed every close season) bag with my landing net pole poked through a very handy brass ring.
(I saw a nice new bag recently on the Barbour site (the Tarras bag) and when I checked it was the same as mine but a darned sight cleaner :hahaha: )

I learnt my lesson a good few years ago....."if it don't fit, I don't carry!" I've been a very mobile fisherman ever since.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Sure, the height is 7.5" width is 10" and depth is 4"

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Merlot wrote:Sure, the height is 7.5" width is 10" and depth is 4"
"evening" Merlot, :hat:

cor smashing! Perfect!
I still wouldn't fill that with the little I now carry!
Cheers!

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

MD,

I'm with you on not carrying much. I now carry all i need in a Shakespeare Oddessy game bag. It was a birthday present from my brother and he actually got me a smaller one than i'd asked for but can fit my flask, 2 reels bait and tackle tins in it so its fine.

Gaz

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”