Bamboo or wooden float tubes

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
The VFC
Brown Trout

Re: Bamboo or wooden float tubes

Post by The VFC »

Hannay wrote:Thanks, Jim. Just looked again at your website and for the life of me can't think why I thought the one like Ashby has was sold out. Been a long day at work. Will show this to the good lady. Xmas is, after all, very near...
ahhh - but by tha magic of modern technology, and the press of a button or two, what was once "Out of Stock" is now back in.... you're not going mad!

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

The VFC wrote:
Hannay wrote:Thanks, Jim. Just looked again at your website and for the life of me can't think why I thought the one like Ashby has was sold out. Been a long day at work. Will show this to the good lady. Xmas is, after all, very near...
ahhh - but by tha magic of modern technology, and the press of a button or two, what was once "Out of Stock" is now back in.... you're not going mad!
Sanity reigns again. A previous post mentioned if these would actually be used. I'm with Snape here. A tube would fit easily into my creel and I use a roll when roaming. Obviously when at home I may try and get away with having it on show (if indeed I am lucky enough to receive one for xmas!).

ARBetts

Post by ARBetts »

Jim VFCs tubes are worth a good look, I've seen them and they are quality turned pieces.

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

ARBetts wrote:Jim VFCs tubes are worth a good look, I've seen them and they are quality turned pieces.
I can vouch for this - I have one in elm and the missus insists on it being on display on a bookcase when it's not in my tackle bag!

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

That's Dave Pearce...his first venture into aluminium ones, I think. You could always commision one directly from him. I have one of his bamboo ones....I take it everywhere with me.

One day I must ask him about his eBay username........

George387
Crucian Carp

Post by George387 »

speak with him direct Ian am sure Dave will knock something up for you, he is always producing good kit.
Brown Trout maybe Beautiful But Grayling are Gorgeous. "Lets Tackle Cancer" Supporter
The Flee & Float

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Have ordered mine. Put cotton wool in ears, can't hear Mrs. :notlisterning: :chuckle:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”