Milwards Swimversa

The Milwards Rods forum.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Milwards Swimversa

Post by Nobby »

It's not so simple, it seems. I can only access the buyers details after he has left feedback, and that makes it too late for him to start a grievance procedure........

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

davyr wrote:I'll certainly be reporting back once I've taken it for its "maiden voyage"! :thumb:
As promised, reporting back - but sadly, very little to say. I had some time off in lieu from work yesterday, so took the Swimversa to the usually-reliable local canal. Unfortunately, a sharp overnight frost on Sunday had severely affected the appetite of the fish. All I had to show after 5 hours hard angling was one small roach and a signal crayfish - so much for my theory that the wretched things are largely dormant during the colder months.

The rod was a delight to use though and felt nicely-balanced by a Rapidex pin. Probably not the best choice for close-in fishing (for which I usually use my Lucky Strike), so I might save it for outings to larger waters. I can see it being ideal for Dove grayling...

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Good to hear it's in use, Sir ... and looking forward to hearing about it on the Dove.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”