Pflueger Skilkast Multiplier

The Other Reels forum.
Russell Howard Brown
Gudgeon

Re: Pflueger Skilkast Multiplier

Post by Russell Howard Brown »

I hate to repeat myself but Rockape's photo's are sublime.

Rockape
Rudd

Post by Rockape »

Russell Howard Brown wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:30 pm I hate to repeat myself but Rockape's photo's are sublime.
:Hat:

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Rockape wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:14 pm
Crucian wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:08 am That’s a lovely reel, great photo’s too.
I can see why people collect them.
I would be interested to know how the spindle ends are finished, where they contact the jewels, are they rounded, or pointed?
Thanks.
Thank you Crucian. :Hat:

I'm kicking myself here, because I usually photo document all my reel overhauls, but for some strange reason, in this case I didn't.... ???
I have a vague recollection of fhe spindle ends being rounded, but I'll re- check a video I saw on a Summit stripdown, and see if that can tell us.

Standby.

Ok, back again, and yes my memory served me correct, the spindle ends are rounded.

Thank you :Hat:

Rockape
Rudd

Post by Rockape »

Just before the Summit turned up, I got the little Portage Atlas on the right; another Pflueger associated range of reels which I have got the bug for.
The one on the left is the Seminole, both are stamped 40 on the reel foot (40 yards of line apparently, but which line I don't know, and the Atlas looks like it will hold a lot more than the Seminole?).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Reels”