Craftsversa v Swimversa....

The Milwards Rods forum.
BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Craftsversa v Swimversa....

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Taking away the obvious rarity and value aspect and the link to BV, what are the differences between these two fishing rods. I ask because I have a lovely condition Swimversa but I just can't take to the rod. I have only used it a few times but that is why. Is it me, it usually is....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Craftsversa v Swimversa....

Post by Paul F »

The only similarity is versa bit, the reverse tapered butt.

The swim is a 12ft 3 piece float rod with a mix of whole cane & split cane, it is remarkably light for its length.

The craft is a 11ft 2 piece all built cane light Avon style rod, a good float fishing rod for large perch.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Having 'waggled' a Swimversa on several occasions, I wòuld not want to own one! I have never been a fan of extra long handles for starters! :surrender: I believe that the reverse taper under the handle gave the rod better casting/striking abilities, for match anglers, but I did not like the feel of it at all! I cannot comment on the Craftversa, other than it seems to be a well regarded 'conventional' rod made popular by Bernard Venables! :Hat:
P.S. Thank you Paul, your explanation is far better than mine! :Ok:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Very good question Bully,
I use both and by far the Swimversa has more practicality in that it will cast a light float and gear further than most its brilliant. The Craftversa is a lovely rod to use though many rods could equal it other than in the nostalgic joy aspect.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Thanks for the helpful replies guys. I might give the Swimversa another few days out on the bank and if i still feel the same about it will put it up for sale I think.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”