Eagle Pond Snaresbrook London

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Re: Eagle Pond Snaresbrook London

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

2 mile walk from home. Tank suit and home made tackle trolley. My Mum insisted I walked round the block first- so her friends up the road didnt see the mess I was
The Newman part of the Eagle Specimen group came on the tube from Stratford- sure the commuters loved ir!

Tony.J.Newman
Silver Bream

Post by Tony.J.Newman »

Yup, 20 min walk to Stratford Shopping Centre then walk through to Central Line tube, Snaresbrook three stops away. Great fun with a groundbait or livebait bucket as well, Our late friend Colin had additional train or bus journey from North Woolwich to Stratford.
Even better was friday night loaded with a weekend worth of kit to Hainault, a lot more stops on overcrowded tube and a standing room only bus or 2 mile walk to the lake! Loved it!

Tony.J.Newman
Silver Bream

Post by Tony.J.Newman »

Forgot to mention, poor old Colin did the early morning starts at the Eagle after doing his paper round!

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Tony.J.Newman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:20 pm Forgot to mention, poor old Colin did the early morning starts at the Eagle after doing his paper round!
Colin gave me a Mitchell 300 before he passed away. It will always be my reel for " special" sessions

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Made Anglers Mail- a fish 6lb heavier would not be published todays

196?
20200407_151350.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohnH
Gudgeon

Post by JohnH »

Remember it well! I used to go with a few mates to fish the roadside bank in the 60's; we would cycle there from Stratford and Forest Gate. Particularly enjoyable were the sessions we used to get in when we had 'revision' days from school; we thought (at the time anyway) that wetting a line was preferable to swotting for exams! We did alright in later life as it happens. I remember being smashed up there once; the float dipped, I struck and hit solid resistance - I thought at first I had snagged the bottom, but whatever it was moved off, slowly but powerfully, towards the middle of the pond and could only hold on grimly until the line snapped! Ah yes, the one that got away - we've all had some of those!

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”