How We Fish

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: How We Fish

Post by RBTraditional »

Carl Hier wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:08 pm In my younger years, I read many great books by John Bailey which enhanced my love of all things fishing. I also struggle with Mr. Hamidi but quite enjoy the Mortimer & Whitehouse programmes. I just see it as two blokes talking about ‘life’ with a sprinkling of fishing in the background. Consequently I’ve never really scrutinised it’s content or marked it out of ten. It’s just been 30 minutes of enjoyable telly every now and then 👍.
Hear! Hear! Carl…. :Hat:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Have just been given a copy of "How we fish" for Christmas by my son. Looking forward to reading it and also raising a glass or two with Mortimer and Whitehouse during the Gone Hogmanay Fishing episode on Friday.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

I also have a copy from my fishing buddy Allrounder, looking forward to reading it :Hat:

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Carl Hier wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:08 pm In my younger years, I read many great books by John Bailey which enhanced my love of all things fishing. I also struggle with Mr. Hamidi but quite enjoy the Mortimer & Whitehouse programmes. I just see it as two blokes talking about ‘life’ with a sprinkling of fishing in the background. Consequently I’ve never really scrutinised it’s content or marked it out of ten. It’s just been 30 minutes of enjoyable telly every now and then 👍.
Completely agree Carl, I enjoyed the Xmas Scottish special and good to see Paul on Jools Holland last night.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I have just ordered it.. first book of the new year and first little treat.
Looking forward to a light hearted read.

Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

This is the only fishing tv my wife will watch with me. The banter is amusing, but the star of the show is Ted.
I have to admit that I rarely watch other fishing shows these days and then not for long. The last show I really enjoyed was “ A passion for angling.”
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”