Fly wallet

General fly fishing chat area.
Ian
Eel

Fly wallet

Post by Ian »

Up til recently I’d never had a fly wallet,but thanks to iasgair I have one now,and it has my initials on it too.I wanted to wait til I filled it before posting a photo.The wallet is very well made and who doesn’t like the smell of new leather.

There was also a floating furled leader that came along with it.I’ve never used one and thanks to this dry spell I don’t know if I will get the chance this year.
To top it off were the Stewart’s spiders iasgair tied up himself and I must say they are splendidly tied.

Thank you terryll

Ian :Hat:
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Iasgair
Chub

Re: Fly wallet

Post by Iasgair »

Ian wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:22 pm Up til recently I’d never had a fly wallet,but thanks to iasgair I have one now,and it has my initials on it too.I wanted to wait til I filled it before posting a photo.The wallet is very well made and who doesn’t like the smell of new leather.
There was also a floating furled leader that came along with it.I’ve never used one and thanks to this dry spell I don’t know if I will get the chance this year.
To top it off were the Stewart’s spiders iasgair tied up himself and I must say they are splendidly tied.

Thank you terryll

Awww, shucks. You're welcome Buddy.

Refresh my memory, didn't I also put in some of my Gingerbread flies. Also, you can use the furled leader for wet flies too.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Iasgair wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:24 am
Ian wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:22 pm Up til recently I’d never had a fly wallet,but thanks to iasgair I have one now,and it has my initials on it too.I wanted to wait til I filled it before posting a photo.The wallet is very well made and who doesn’t like the smell of new leather.

Thank you terryll

Refresh my memory, didn't I also put in some of my Gingerbread flies. Also, you can use the furled leader for wet flies too.
I couldn’t remember the name of the flies,but you did send gingerbreads iasgair and I transferred them into the dry fly tub👍
I thought because it says a dry furled leader that it was for dry fly fishing :Hahaha:

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

Ian wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:24 pm
Iasgair wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:24 am

Thank you terryll

I couldn’t remember the name of the flies,but you did send gingerbreads iasgair and I transferred them into the dry fly tub👍
I thought because it says a dry furled leader that it was for dry fly fishing :Hahaha:

You can use that furled leader also with wet flies. It wont hurt anything.

Also, the Gingerbread flies are wet flies, so put them in the wallet.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

“Gingerbread flies are wet flies”.
I must be mixing up gingerbreads flies with something else,don’t know why iasgair.Maybe the furled leaders mixed me up.
I shall get them in the wallet then.

Return to “General Fly Chat”