Thorndon Park today.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Fredline
Tench

Thorndon Park today.

Post by Fredline »

I fished at Thorndon Park today with Ted, Lea Dweller, can you spot him?
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Thorndon Park today.

Post by Liphook »

If he's not the obvious angler next to what I assume to be your empty pitch, he's either got his realtree camo on or is wearing a full 'ghillie suit' or has fallen in and is still submerged at the time :Sun: but wait what's that in the far right of frame.....between the branches :holmes:...

I trust you gents had an enjoyable day :Hat:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Liphook wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:12 pm If he's not the obvious angler next to what I assume to be your empty pitch, he's either got his realtree camo on or is wearing a full 'ghillie suit' or has fallen in and is still submerged at the time :Sun: but wait what's that in the far right of frame.....between the branches :holmes:...

I trust you gents had an enjoyable day :Hat:
Yes that is me under the brolly! It was only after we had packed up that I said to John that we should have taken some pictures! :surrender: We did catch some fish, I persisted with hemp and tares for roach and caught a few ('goer's) John fished further out and had similar results plus a decent tench. The rain put a damper on the session, but still nice to be out! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Haven't fished there for years! What did you think? Is it day ticket on the bank?
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Tengisgol wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:43 pm Haven't fished there for years! What did you think? Is it day ticket on the bank?
It is a day ticket water and I believe it is a fiver to fish while people of a certain age go free. We did not see a Ranger today and I have very rarely seen a Ranger. I have had over 100lb of bream in the past but today everything was against us, it was cold, wet and at times windy. If you can pick a nice bright warm span of weather then it is well worth a visit. Ted had some really nice "goer" roach today which I have caught in the dead of winter in the past. It is open all year and a fiver to park. The lake is only 3' to 4' in depth so a fall in temperature will and did today have an adverse affect on predominantly summer fish species.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I bet the banter would have knocked Whitehouse and Mortimer into a cocked hat :Chuckle:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

What a pleasant place to be with a chum, fishing often comes second doesn't it.....
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:03 am I bet the banter would have knocked Whitehouse and Mortimer into a cocked hat :Chuckle:
Were you ears burning yesterday Dave?
John Bickerdyke.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Fredline wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:26 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:03 am I bet the banter would have knocked Whitehouse and Mortimer into a cocked hat :Chuckle:
Burning? my hat caught fire! But I'm certain it was 100% complimentary as you tried to decide how many £20 notes to send me at Christmas :Sun:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:57 pm
Fredline wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:26 pm
Burning? my hat caught fire! But I'm certain it was 100% complimentary as you tried to decide how many £20 notes to send me at Christmas :Sun:
Dave, I can confirm that there was no talk of £20 notes for you for Christmas! There was however some banter that you would have enjoyed, including John's comments on choosing not to bring his Brolly, after it started pouring, it was memorable! :Hahaha:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”