Glow in the dark FLY!!

General fly fishing chat area.
Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Glow in the dark FLY!!

Post by Santiago »

As promised, for those interested in fly fishing for pike, I fully recommend the book 'Mastering Pike on the Fly, Strategies and Techniques' by Barry Reynolds. This book covers the subject very well and has an excellent in depth chapter on presentation. Unlike most other books on the subject it doesn't gloss over the subject. On the negative, it's written with respect to fly fishing in the States, but apart from locations the message has universal application. And it's also very readable!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

We used to use them for bass and mullet at night. The best way to recharge them was to flash them with a photographic flash gun. At the time I was heavily into photography so had loads of equipment, but you could buy a small flashgun from Cash Converters for a fiver and trigger it with the fly hooked on a cork inside a small foil lined box.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Cheers, thanks for the tip!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

I use this glasses case sized gizmo from Rapala for “recharging” luminous lures when bass fishing at night. It only has one advantage over the cheaper flash gun option - you don’t lose your night vision!

https://www.fishingmegastore.com/kits-a ... gLaRPD_BwE
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “General Fly Chat”