New Teardrop Net

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Barbulus
Tench

New Teardrop Net

Post by Barbulus »

Well I have just had the pleasure of meeting David (Old Man River) and his wife taking delivery of my new "Teardrop" net and pole while they are en route to a well deserved holiday. I am absolutely "over the moon" with the my latest acquisition; custom made and, this time, I specified a net slightly larger than perhaps the "norm" in anticipation of some serious "carp fishing" this season coming on an historic lake in Southern England. I am not sure if the photographs do the net justice but the craftsman-ship and finish is absolutely superb. Thank you David for taking the time to deploy your skills and make this ageing "hippy" - aka Carp person - very happy this morning despite the raging gales outside !

There are some folk I would like to thank from TFF along these years: David (OMR) of course for today's delivery, Northern Nomad for his friendship - we really need to sort that fishing and a beer - for a separate and also superb two piece cane custom made handle and net and the "MkiV" catapult, Paul Cook (shot tube), Santiago and Sussex Mikey for the floats and an anonymous TFF'er who hand crafted some amazing wood ferrule stoppers and the Redmire "Chess Set" from the "fallen" oak tree at Bernithan which I have posted photographs of previously. Add on Mark of course and other amazing people here and I think all I now need is to "get fishing" ......... thank you all. :Hat:

Liphook
Barbel

Re: New Teardrop Net

Post by Liphook »

Nicely kitted out sir!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

A lovely collection of traditional items! Hope to see some pictures of fish caught using them! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

That’s a cracking net Matthew.

Definitely needs christening :Wink:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Matthew that net looks remarkably familiar :Wink:
It is a thing of beauty - and yes! David is a master craftsmen - I sincerely hope you catch the Carps desired when using it.

Peter
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Wonderful items of tackle you have there sir I'm sure they will bring many seasons worth of pleasure enjoy! :Hat: :fishing1:

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Wow, there is some really nice kit on show here, hopefully in a year or two I may be lucky enough to have a traditional outfit of my own. There are some very talented craftsmen on here.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”