Small folding landing net

Traditional landing nets large and small.
The Oxford Angler
Stickleback

Small folding landing net

Post by The Oxford Angler »

Good evening and Happy New Year.

The latest addition to my collection is this landing net I bought a few weeks ago. It's approximately 5ft with the net on, the handle is 4ft when extended and 3ft when reduced. The net needs replacing as it is showing signs of considerable age (any tips on where to go for this?)

I just wondered if anyone knew anything about it or is it a one off? I can seem to find any markings.

My intention is to put a new net on, clean up the fittings as best I can and treat it to a new coat of varnish. I bought it for my short roving sessions on the small rivers and streams near where I live.
Landing net 6.jpg
Landing net 2.jpg
Landing net 1.jpg
Landing net 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stour Otter
Grayling

Re: Small folding landing net

Post by Stour Otter »

Good Morning, try Sharpe's of Aberdeen. Stocked under the name of "net bags". They come in various sizes and I would think the trout net would make a perfect replacement, as it has the smallest woven mesh diameters. These are quality nets and although come in a bluish/silver colour. They can be dyed with Dylon Havana Brown, to produced a very pleasing cigar hue coloured net. I stuff the net with dye and a little salt into an old thermos flask, add hot water from the kettle and leave over night. Job done!

sales@sharpes.net
01466 794415

Stour Otter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Stour Otter on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

The Oxford Angler
Stickleback

Post by The Oxford Angler »

Thanks very much, that looks great, most helpful.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

A couple of other options. I've got the troutcathers option fitted to two different nets.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement- ... 2195954436

https://www.troutcatchers.co.uk/landing ... 02x2685793
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”