ABU CARDINAL 6X (Ray Moss)

The ABU Reels forum.
Abumossy
Stickleback

Re: ABU CARDINAL 6X

Post by Abumossy »

Thanks to eveybody for your well wishes to me when i had my accident,
back home now recovering,still got problems with my hands but hoping to get back to as near possible as i can soon,
This is not going to beat me lol
Be back restoring reels which i love doing maybe in a few weeks i hope,
Cant thank gary humphries and Martin Stone enough for there support they have given me over the last month or so.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Great to read you're on the mend and got the right attitude.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Well its been a while now gents since Ray had his terrible accident but Im glad to say the old boy is now back to his absolute best, he told me he has a little way to go with his hands still but he is now more than capable of restoring the old Cardinals and the odd Mitchell and any broken feet on reels, he has just done this little chap for me which was in such poor shape but now looks a million dollars realy.

Im sure like me we are glad to see him back because he has been through the mill since his accident, even had two cataract ops to go with all the suffering from his burns. Any road hopefully he will try and attend the next Redditch show and be on our table again in November. :Ok: :Ok:

Here is the before and after pictures of the reel

" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Wow! What a transformation, but more importantly still, I'm so pleased to hear that Ray is so recovered. Nice job, Ray!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

That is wonderful news :Thumb:

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Yes Nobby and Dave, its good to have him back laughing and joking on the end of the phone, for so long he couldn't even hold one so its great he is back to somewhere near what he was before his accident. Be nice to get him back on the bank as well catching those lovely old Barbel like this one he had a couple of years ago, I will let Ray tell you the story on this one If he can type.

"BB"

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Re: ABU CARDINAL 6X (Ray Moss)

Post by TemeLAD »

Wonderful news BL please pass on my best wishes to Ray for his continued recovery. Though the transformation of your reel would clearly show he is on top form - what a beauty 👍 And what a cracking barbel!

I'm hoping that family matters don't get in the way of me attending the next Redditch VTF it would be nice to see you both :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

We will be glad to see you should we all make it on the day sir :Hat:

"BB"

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

I can confirm all the plaudits for Ray Moss ... he's a local chap to me and has produced some fantastic abu reels for me ., grest work grest prices ... we joke about his lifetime guarantee ....
Thats as long as he lives !!

Bendsomecane
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Silexman
Ruffe

Post by Silexman »

Hello everyone
Ray has very recently put my formerly trusty Cardinal 54 back into action after the clutch packed in and the reel went into permanent freespool.
I can't say how grateful I am - what a star he is.
I wish him all the best for the future.

Return to “ABU Reels”